New Scalping Technique

For those of you who have followed me through the years here at Indo know that I have looked at almost every method that has come along; some I have used daily such as Rebellion and SRS, two of my favorites. Lately with all the changes in the world financial markets forex trading is not the same as it was when those products were introduced. Most trading today depends on the long term trend which is eating a lot of accounts alive. Therefore, I have decided to play with my own scalping technique which so far is doing quite well. I am trading on six pairs only which affords me opportunities when a particular currency is facing a news release. Keep in mind I do not trade micro of mini accounts so scalping for me can be quite profitable. At $10 a pip on six pairs, a 5 pip move can be rather nice. Unfortunately I cannot become another Rita or Karl Dittoman and sell this idea if it does indeed prove profitable as there are no special indicators or "secrets" involved. In another couple of weeks I will have a pretty good idea as to overall profitability and will let my friends here know my rules if your are interested.

Nice to know that you are being profitable consistently. Thats a feat a few can pull off.Kudos.Yeah there are no secrets for retail traders who trade a small account, unlike Goldman Sachs whose HFT is a secret.Yes as you have pointed out, scalping in a big account can be profitable and with a good broker , it can be huge.

If you really feel that disclosing your method will help other traders in Indo , then please share it.If you feel that after sharing your edge would be gone then you may not.Thanks.

For those of you who have followed me through the years here at Indo know that I have looked at almost every method that has come along; some I have used daily such as Rebellion and SRS, two of my favorites. Lately with all the changes in the world financial markets forex trading is not the same as it was when those products were introduced. Most trading today depends on the long term trend which is eating a lot of accounts alive. Therefore, I have decided to play with my own scalping technique which so far is doing quite well. I am trading on six pairs only which affords me opportunities when a particular currency is facing a news release. Keep in mind I do not trade micro of mini accounts so scalping for me can be quite profitable. At $10 a pip on six pairs, a 5 pip move can be rather nice. Unfortunately I cannot become another Rita or Karl Dittoman and sell this idea if it does indeed prove profitable as there are no special indicators or "secrets" involved. In another couple of weeks I will have a pretty good idea as to overall profitability and will let my friends here know my rules if your are interested.

Any update on how your system is holding up?

• 4 months later...
The method I created several months ago has been great,even in sideways markets. Right now I am trying to make an EA out of it or possible create a robot. It is that good. Trade 4 pairs only and take 10 pips per pair with potential for a lot more. Will keep posted as things progress.