The Thanks Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thanks Button?

Yesterday I was thanking people for their posts.

Today I am greeted with no button but a star that says

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Can anyone enlighten me why the forum would restrict people thanking other people?

Thanks in advance as I cannot press the "thanks" button

This is an excellent point and brought up by the right person to use for an example.

Bonnie has made a lot of excellent postings lately and I find that I can't properly thank him for the hard work since I can't access my thanks button. I don't want Bonnie to think that I don't appreciate his hard work and dedication when he doesn't see my username under the thanks section when I can't access the thanks button. I can't think of one reason why the thanks button is limited. Please allow unlimited thanks since this shows members that their work is appreciated and will encourage them to post more. I hate it when I see great postings and I can't thank members since I no longer have access to the thanks button.

Thanks for starting this thread Bonnie and although you are a fantastic member, I wished I could hit the thank you button more often in your favor.

Comment

Why haven't we received a response on this excellent suggestion. Why have a suggestion box if no indo-investasi official reads and responds back to our suggestions?

Comment

I think a lot of forums use it as an "anti" mechanism for people who wish to get "Kudos" quickly for every post they make.

Whilst the "Thanks" received for my good posts are welcomed they are not essential.

But I think the restriction on the number you can do in one session is a bit mean

At the end of the day It must be forum policy and we must accept this.

Personally I now read all of the new posts since my last login and then decide who I am going to give "Thanks" to.

So it can work in a good way as you are being selective about who you are going to give "Thanks" to as it has been thought out from the previous sessions postings.

Comment

I'm one that doesn't care about how many I personally receive, I like clicking on the button to show my appreciation. I really feel bad when I exceed my limit and then I see an excellent posting (such as yours bonnie) and I'm unable to click on it and show you that I appreciate what you posted. This is when I then post a thanks in place of the thanks button.

Comment

I hate it when I try to give thanks to people that make great postings and find out that I don't have any to give out. I like how the other forums allow unlimited thanks.

Comment

Could't Agree More on this ... Request to allow Unlimited Thanks.. To encourage Participation Sharing & Appreciation ... Let the camaraderie flow ...

Comment

Disgusting i dislike it when i try to give thanks to people that make great postings at that time i was unable to click Thanks Button

Comment

Originally posted by Jodie Ahmed View Post
                  Disgusting i dislike it when i try to give thanks to people that make great postings at that time i was unable to click Thanks Button
                  Jodie Ahmed...it is nice that as a new member you are already looking to give "Thanks" to those who take the time to post useful/helpful comments. The standard used to be that once you have 15 posts completed you will see the "Thanks" button on the left side corner under your ID box. For the moment you may see a star where you can provide "positive" reputation. (I do not remember if that appears sooner or at the same 15 post mark).

Cheers!

Mick

Comment

We should all hank Florida for his excellent work and dedication, it looks like he own this forum

Comment

At tryitagainmf .
                      Thank you for your shared information,i am just a new member also.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasts1950 View Post
                        We should all hank Florida for his excellent work and dedication, it looks like he own this forum
                        Let's read the forum rules. You should post responsibly and respectfully.
                        Last edited by FloridaTrader; 23-07-14, 04:35.

Comment

Sunch a good thing you point out. Yes sometime i also peace this problem.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X