Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are regulated broker is absolutely a trusted broker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are regulated broker is absolutely a trusted broker?

Hi all,

I see that now so many broker that have been show up now. Some are regulated and some are not, so are a regulated broker is absolutely a trusted broker or not? What we should choose from a both of that

If the broker is authorised and regulated by the UK FSA, then even if the broker goes bust, the UK govt guarantees upto 50kgbp of investor funds.

Are there any other regulators with such govt backing?

Comment

Originally posted by debook
      I think a regulated broker still have a chance to cheat their client, so the important thing when you choose a broker is this broker have been well known among the traders as a trusted broker. I know my broker Weltrade is a trusted broker is from many forum for forex too, and until now I never have a problem on my trading activity.
      I quite agree with you, it because there's no guarantee that a regulated broker will always keep clean and be a trusted broker. So beside just see the regulation of its broker, it will be more better if we looking a broker that have been well known among the traders.

Originally posted by huuu View Post
      If the broker is authorised and regulated by the UK FSA, then even if the broker goes bust, the UK govt guarantees upto 50kgbp of investor funds.

Are there any other regulators with such govt backing?
      Really? I never heard anything like that.

Comment

Use brokers with ASIC regulation. They are quite strict.

Comment

Originally posted by firmanta View Post
          I quite agree with you, it because there's no guarantee that a regulated broker will always keep clean and be a trusted broker. So beside just see the regulation of its broker, it will be more better if we looking a broker that have been well known among the traders.

Yes, and now it appears that the limit has been increased to 85k gbp. Look here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/compensation/latest/limit_increase.shtml

Comment

I think a regulated broker is a nice choice for us better than if we choose a broker that not regulated. Because like you said that there's no guarantee that a regulated broker will always keep clean and be a trusted broker. It because I use a regulated broker too now, and I never have a problem trading with this broker. You can try my broker you Weltrade yourself for prove it a scam broker or not.

Comment

Always go with a regulated broker. I was with world spreads when they went under and if it wasn't for the fact that they were regulated by the FSA I would have lost a lot of money. They were offering zero spreads which I think pushed them under. I think the lesson here is; if it looks to good to be true - it probably is!

Comment

Hi all,

I see that now so many broker that have been show up now. Some are regulated and some are not, so are a regulated broker is absolutely a trusted broker or not? What we should choose from a both of that
                Yeah most of the broker. But you must be careful when choosing one. Coz some can turn out to be a scammer.

Comment

If your worried about your broker you could always keep your account size really small and only add money to it when you need to. I try to withdraw any profits soon after I've made them.

You could also take your money out on a Friday as both Worldspreads and MF Global were found to be bankrupt over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger1976 View Post
                    If your worried about your broker you could always keep your account size really small and only add money to it when you need to. I try to withdraw any profits soon after I've made them.

You could also take your money out on a Friday as both Worldspreads and MF Global were found to be bankrupt over the weekend.
                    I agree with you, for the first using broker, better making deposit with small size. After we have agood feeling with the broker, thats the time to do the real ones
                    Regulated broker not not a guarantee of security as well

Comment

The first place I would go to checkout whether they are reliable or not is FPA.

Comment

Hi all,

You should always choose a broker who is regulated and a Straight Through Processor (STP). There is no reason not to. You are after all trading with your hard-earned money. You want to make sure your broker complies fully with regulations and do not trade against you.

I think trust is subjective. Common sense tells me that between a regulated and a non-regulated broker, I would choose to trust a regulated broker.

There are many well-reputed brokers in the market but personally I am using FXPRIMUS as my trusted broker. They are a STP and has so far provided good trade execution. They also provide services such as coaching and SMS trade calls which can greatly shorten the learning curve of a new trader.

Comment

Yeah, but i have get regulated and trusted broker, i get comfortable service from my broker now, InstaForex is my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by alify View Post
                            Yeah, but i have get regulated and trusted broker, i get comfortable service from my broker now, InstaForex is my choice.
                            So what regulator that regulating insta???
                            I never heard any of it

Comment

Originally posted by JamieFX View Post
                              So what regulator that regulating insta???
                              I never heard any of it
                              Haha, that's a good one JamieFX!

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X