Modify Pipstrider EA

Hi, Can someone please modify the pipstrider ea as follows. I only want it to trade one cycle and have to do this manually. Would be great if it could be automated. When the ea start trading it opens a buy and a sell trade. Once these trades have opened I have to modify the input "MonitorandClose" and set it to true. Once the cyscle is successfuly traded when I want to trade again I have to set the "Monitorand Close" to False and it wil start trading again. So it needs to do the following: Once trades are opened it must set Monitorand Close" to True. Once cycle is completed it must then set monitorand Close to False so it can trade again. I only trade from 11pm GMT+2 so iw ill only trde then again. Hope someone can assist. thank you

http://www.2shared.com/file/9-sTG5Mx/PipStrider_edu_TimeFilter_News.html

AUDNZD 1H

Wow!! Where did this come from? Who did the mod on this? I tried looking at http://www.NxGnAllDay.c0m but there is no site.

fxwealth.... where did you get this ea?

So I see some glitches so far. When you avoid news true, it closes trades if there is news (but then upon closing another trade opens) so when a news event is coming up it will close, open, close, open and so on draining your account quick. So that needs to be fixed.

Also like fxwealth said it should be set to monitor and close, and not just close all trades when there is upcoming news or the shutoff hour is coming up. This value should be quite high too, such as 500 mins before high news events. That would allow it time to close all current trades in profit before the news event.

This is an amazing ea and I'd love to know who did this mod? If we can now fix it a little more would be super. Potental in this ea is huge if it's fixed correctly

Hi Hermes am running it on EURUSD M15 chart. Timeframe should not matter really as it is price based ea. Yes it uses martingale but if you use correct capital to lot size you should be ok. Have made about 100% in one month at 0.01 with $1000 demo and biggest drawdon was almost 50%. So with $3000 at lot size 0.01 drawdown should be under 25% which would be acceptable to me. Tommy777 i cannot remember exactly where i found this ea but was a whle ago on another forum. not sure if im allowed to mention forums name here. If things as you mention above could be fixed it culd be a really great and "safe" ea if used properly. I have to manually start it each night and am trying to get that part automated. Am very happy with its performance thus far. Think it could work on USDCHF also and am testing that now on demo account..

Best rgds

• 5 weeks later...
Hi, Can someone please modify the pipstrider ea as follows. I only want it to trade one cycle and have to do this manually. Would be great if it could be automated. When the ea start trading it opens a buy and a sell trade. Once these trades have opened I have to modify the input "MonitorandClose" and set it to true. Once the cyscle is successfuly traded when I want to trade again I have to set the "Monitorand Close" to False and it wil start trading again. So it needs to do the following: Once trades are opened it must set Monitorand Close" to True. Once cycle is completed it must then set monitorand Close to False so it can trade again. I only trade from 11pm GMT+2 so iw ill only trde then again. Hope someone can assist. thank you

http://www.2shared.com/file/9-sTG5Mx/PipStrider_edu_TimeFilter_News.html

Here you go...

http://www.4shared.com/file/BargLWKF/PipStrider_edu_v01.html?

The Mod version from post 1 is from v1.30 here is v1.33. It has much better drawdown and can be used on several more pairs with much lower risk than v1.30, it is edu. This original mod should've been started from this version, is it too difficult to switch that news filter to this version?

http://www.2shared.com/file/mCVR_tu_/PipStrider_edu_nodll.html

Ive done quite a bit of testing with 1.33. Work best on GU,(20 pip grid) AusCad (30 pip), ANZ (10 or 15 pip). Avoid any trending pairs like EURUSD or AUDUSD.

rgds

Peter

I agree. My testing showed exactly what you said too. (except I couldn't get GU to test good on a 5 year BT) I think 20pipstep is too small for GU

Remember martingales are sensitive to spread. if you use say a 20pipstep for someone with a 1pip spread that is a 21 step grid if another broker has 3pip spread that's a 23 pip spread now. Testing with martins I always use the lowest spread, my average spread, and the highest for each pair I test. v1.33 is definitely much better and safer version. you do lose some profits using modify martin True (around 40%) .... but you don't lose your whole account. also be aware of spread some pairs.. such as AUDCAD have huge negative swap. If you are stuck in a trade for weeks the swap can kill you. but you still have the option of using it only in the positive swap direction ;)

Edited by Tommy777

Hi !

I can't download file on 2shared.com . anybody can upload file again on 4shared.com or mediarefile.com ! Or help me how to download file on 2shared.com

Many thanks

The Mod version from post 1 is from v1.30 here is v1.33. It has much better drawdown and can be used on several more pairs with much lower risk than v1.30, it is edu. This original mod should've been started from this version, is it too difficult to switch that news filter to this version?

http://www.2shared.com/file/mCVR_tu_/PipStrider_edu_nodll.html

I agree. My testing showed exactly what you said too. (except I couldn't get GU to test good on a 5 year BT) I think 20pipstep is too small for GU

Remember martingales are sensitive to spread. if you use say a 20pipstep for someone with a 1pip spread that is a 21 step grid if another broker has 3pip spread that's a 23 pip spread now. Testing with martins I always use the lowest spread, my average spread, and the highest for each pair I test. v1.33 is definitely much better and safer version. you do lose some profits using modify martin True (around 40%) .... ;)

I'm working on the basis that volatility has declined post financial crisis and that I would manually hedge trades that blow out. What I like about this EA is that by limiting entries to "say" 6 or 7 you have plenty of options to manage the trade before the account blows out.

rgds

Peter

Ive done quite a bit of testing with 1.33. Work best on GU,(20 pip grid) AusCad (30 pip), ANZ (10 or 15 pip). Avoid any trending pairs like EURUSD or AUDUSD.

rgds

Peter

So; its seems this Ea its a "Counter Trend" System so We must avoid the trending pairs such EUR/USD; AUD/USD who didn't have a good retrachement.

Is there any pair besides GBP/USD at H1 We can use and please share the good input for Us. Thanks before.

Hi NikPan, I tried the ea you posted. It starts trading at the correct time so that is fine. However it does not stop trading after the first cycle has completed. Can you please check this and correct if possible. In other words once ea has started trading it must only trade one cycle and once the cycle has closed in profit it must stop and only start trading again the next day at specified time.

Thank you and Best rgds