Trading MNI levels

Hi everyone,

does anyone have any experience with the NMI's "Fundamental levels"? It's a paid information provided by NMI (mninews.deutsche-boerse.com) but for the time being you can get it for free via NetDania NetStation (www.netdania.com). They are posting the levels for the main currency pairs usually once or twice a day, here is a sample from this night/morning:

MNI DOLLAR-YEN: Fundamental levels (orders, options, technicals)
Y79.26/32 Ichimoku cloud top/200 dma
Y78.88    Ichimoku cloud base, 100 dma
Y78.43    55 dma
Y78.33    Tenkan line
Y78.20    Strong offers, stops 
Y78.18    Kijun line
Y78.10    Fri high NY 
Y77.92 ***Current market price 2110EDT Sunday
Y77.40    21 day lower Bollinger band
Y77.26    13 Sep low
Y77.00    Demand on approach, stops
Y76.90    Stops
Y76.86    23 Jan low
Y76.49    2% MAE

MNI EURO-YEN: Fundamental levels (orders, options, technicals)
Y103.23    21 day upper Bollinger band
Y101.63/74 Tenkan line, 200 dma
Y101.50    Offers, stops
Y100.88    Kijun line
Y100.60    Medium offers, minor stops
Y100.40    Minor stops
Y100.00    Minor stops
Y99.88 ***Current market price 2115EDT Sunday
Y99.80     Stops
Y99.70     Stops
Y99.93     Fri low NY
Y99.64     27  Sep low
Y99.54     13 Sep low
Y99.50     Stops
Y98.62-86  50, 100 dmas

MNI EURO-DOLLAR: Fundamental levels (orders, options, technicals)
$1.3048        Friday Sep21 high/Offers to $1.3050
$1.2990/300    Medium offers/$1.3000 Option expiry
$1.2970/80     Medium offers $1.2971 Sep25 high
$1.2940-60     NY-Europe highs Friday Sep28
$1.2920/25     Medium offers/$1.2923 76.4% $1.2960-1.2804
$1.2900        61.8% $1.2960-1.2804/Option expiry
$1.2891        Late NY recovery/Medium offers to $1.2900 
$1.2860/65     Minor offers/$1.2875 Option expiry
$1.2850        Int.Day high Asia 
$1.2840      ***Current mkt rate 0620GMT Monday
$1.2824        Tech 200-dma/Traded below in Asia, key on close
$1.2804        Int.Day low Asia
$1.2800        Strong demand on approach (Asian reserve manage?)/Stops
$1.2780-60     Decent sized stops
$1.2740        Strong demand

Now my question is whether this is of any practical use. Can anyone develop a way how to successfully trade it somehow?

If the answer is "yes" then I could try to reverse their application in order to fetch and show all these levels automatically on Metatrader via an indicator. But it would be a bit of work, so again, is it worth it?

hi udc

i've heard people using the mni, specifically the medium/strong offers and demands. i'd be interested in checking it out. can you tell me where you found this on the site? thanks much

people use the information as support resistance zones. so for example the euro has strong offers at 1.2970-80 and another block between 1.2990-1.3000. so these would be areas that one would look for a bounce. i dont' think i'd use them nakes, meaning without some other confluence such as a fib, pivot etc.

it would be worth pursuing. i know i'd be very interested in such an indicator. i hope this helps

Edited by pipette4x

Well it (getting MNI info into Metatrader) would be quite a difficult work, so unless someone seriously proves it's worth it (not that it's just "interesting", many things are interesting but not worth the effort) then I can't justify spending my time with it.

Well, first you need to register:

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/8798/loginlu.png

Then you login and simply search the news for "fundamental levels":

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/1182/newsko.png

Also searching for "option expiries" gives you another possibly interesting levels.

A common sense would be to check the facts first and then eventually respond. What possible logic could be in saying "i didn't do this or that" when doing it would be in fact a matter of a few mouse clicks or a google search? This is not a chit-chat, this is a forum. Every nonsense you write here will make it harder for thousands other people who come to this thread later to find an information that is actually valuable. Thus I ask again please be considerate with the others and don't dirty this thread with nonsense or offtopic posts.

• 3 months later...
Guest FloridaTrader
Please don't dirty this thread with nonsense or offtopic posts.

Some people just want to turn the discussion into a different direction and act up.

Edited by FloridaTrader

Guest FloridaTrader
Lol, Johnnie just come!

100 pips for you

I think this is a trading experience and language barrier problem. Some new traders have no idea what they are saying on forums.

Guest FloridaTrader
Teach them, Mr pips trader

Sorry new guy, don't have time to mentor anymore. I like it better back in the days when traders took the time to learn about the forex before attempting to trade. These days, too many people are taking the fast track and have no idea what they are doing without proper training and wonder why they are losing.

For example, we had another fool on here discussing his forex experience. A question was posted in regards to how to determine lot sizes. The same fool returned and tried to explain how to determine real estate lot (land) sizes. I thought it was a funny but totally ****** posting. All I can say is good luck 2faced, can't help you out there.

Edited by FloridaTrader