(sharing) Victory EA - nice performance!

Hi,

I have purchased this EA from a russian developer a couple of years ago and traded it for 6 months with real money at IBFX. I made good money with it, but the developer decided to take a permanent vacation and I could not continue trading it since it was account number dependent and had a time expiry as well. He was charging $195 per account with 6 months trading time. I recently found the .ex4 and decompiled it removing all restrictions. I am posting it for you guys to evaluate it, run backtests, forward tests and also make possible improvements.

It is a good performer and what I like about it is that it uses no tricks like needing small spreads, uses reasonable SL/TP and has good win to lose ratio.

It is designed to run on USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCAD, EURJPY, GBPJPY, CHFJPY, GBPCHF and EURCAD on H1 timeframe. I ran backtests from 01-Jan-2005 til present and so far I get good results. For any questions, please look at the source code since you can answer most questions this way.

Please share your results and improvements.

Download URL: http://slil.ru/27662179

Good luck!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: (sharing) Victory EA - nice performance!

would you mind describing the average monthly ROI and DD when you used this system?

I was trading minis (0.20 lots) on a $2500 account with 5 pairs under Victory EA. Return was ~$700-800 at the end of the month. Best is to run backtests and get the stats for yourself. Also I recommend to forward test an account with 4-7 pairs on H1 timeframe and observe it for a while.

Regards

would you mind describing the average monthly ROI and DD when you used this system?

I was trading minis (0.20 lots) on a $2500 account with 5 pairs under Victory EA. Return was ~$700-800 at the end of the month. Best is to run backtests and get the stats for yourself. Also I recommend to forward test an account with 4-7 pairs on H1 timeframe and observe it for a while.

Regards

Thanks bro fxknight.. :shand:

I hope I can make more pips here...

btw, do u have the manual?

any suggestions for trading time?

Thanks bro fxknight.. :shand:

I hope I can make more pips here...

btw, do u have the manual?

any suggestions for trading time?

Hello,

All your questions are answered by looking at the code.

1. There is no manual. The author did not supply one. He was very secretive of the concept.

2. All trading times are taken care of internally. The EA has a Start/End trading time for each of the pairs. He must have optimized them at the time but I do not see that drastic of a difference between pairs by looking at the code.

3. Concept is nothing like the BS EAs (FAPTurbo, Forex AutoCash, Your_Lucky etc.). These EA's win 20 small trades in a row and give it back on the 21st trade. This is nothing like that concept.

Regards

Hello,

All your questions are answered by looking at the code.

1. There is no manual. The author did not supply one. He was very secretive of the concept.

2. All trading times are taken care of internally. The EA has a Start/End trading time for each of the pairs. He must have optimized them at the time but I do not see that drastic of a difference between pairs by looking at the code.

3. Concept is nothing like the BS EAs (FAPTurbo, Forex AutoCash, Your_Lucky etc.). These EA's win 20 small trades in a row and give it back on the 21st trade. This is nothing like that concept.

Regards

Thanks fxknight, I'd took a look at the code..

uhhmm...if u had made about $700/month with lot 0.20,

if $0.2/pips, so total pips are about 3500 pips/month?

Am I correct or not, bro fxknight?

please let us know, how many pips/mon about?

sorry for my bad question.

Thanks fxknight, I'd took a look at the code..

uhhmm...if u had made about $700/month with lot 0.20,

if $0.2/pips, so total pips are about 3500 pips/month?

Am I correct or not, bro fxknight?

please let us know, how many pips/mon about?

sorry for my bad question.

Sounds about right, but of course it is dependent of the traded pair. Some pairs have higher pip values than others. Remember "past performance does not equal future results" as the disclaimer correctly states. So no matter what was done with it in the past - it needs to be evaluated for the present and each trader needs to make his/her own decision whether to trade it or not and most importantly what lotsize, what pairs etc. Just because it has been profitable in the past it does not mean it will give the same results for tomorrow, next week etc. It simply means it is a good concept and it stands a good chance of continuing to be profitable that's all.

Sounds about right, but of course it is dependent of the traded pair. Some pairs have higher pip ...

....simply means it is a good concept and it stands a good chance of continuing to be profitable that's all.

Hi, i have backtested it in GBPJPY H1 , period (April 1st - 31st)2009:

initial $200 lot 0.01 lotstep 0.01.

profit $181(money doubled)

max DD 23%

model Quality 50%--->>>What's this mean?

Thanks to.... fxnight. you are a great guy!

:shand:

My pleasure to help. My true goal is to find a good EA for the board that all of us can make consistent money. For now the best here is Megadroid but I think we can change that very soon!

Good luck

In back tests I have error 130 all the time

Yes this is true on EURCAD which has high spread. The author made few omissions when he coded it. He did not check MODE_STOP_LEVEL and MODE_FREEZELEVEL. All EA that do not account for this will have the 130 error when calling OrderSend(). I will try to fix and post it soon.

Regards

In back tests I have error 130 all the time

Yes this is true on EURCAD which has high spread. The author made few omissions when he coded it. He did not check MODE_STOP_LEVEL and MODE_FREEZELEVEL. All EA that do not account for this will have the 130 error when calling OrderSend(). I will try to fix and post it soon.

Regards

It would be great if you can do with the EA code.

you are a very kind man fxknight.

as id say - gentleman and a scholar.

i am getting order send 130 and invalid stop error 130 - seemingly either the orders are too close to the market price - or the price of the stops is not calculating properly.

anyone have any ideas?

i am getting order send 130 and invalid stop error 130 - seemingly either the orders are too close to the market price - or the price of the stops is not calculating properly.

anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

If someone can do the check for Ask, Bid price for MODE_STOP_LEVEL and MODE_FREEZELEVEL before calling OrderSend() this would fix the issue. I am working on this as well. In the meantime, pls backtest with pairs with lower spread.. this error should not happen.

anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

If someone can do the check for Ask, Bid price for MODE_STOP_LEVEL and MODE_FREEZELEVEL before calling OrderSend() this would fix the issue. I am working on this as well. In the meantime, pls backtest with pairs with lower spread.. this error should not happen.

thanks for working on that :)

the pair i was getting it on was eur-usd, so it shouldnt be a spread issue.

http://forum.mql4.com/8629 <- that discussion of the issue might help (moderators, that's a programming forum, not in competition with this one).

I fixed the Error 130 for most part, but I still get it when running the EURCAD. This must be a MT4 backtest bug since I checked all the limit prices, SL and TP and they are calculated ok. If you still get the error, let me know what broker and what is your ModeStopLevel when backtesting.

Fixed version URL: http://www.4shared.com/file/105866470/9f968dfe/Victory_EA.html

Best wishes

im just running some of my own tests atm, i will look to have a go of it next break i get.

those backtest pictures with your files, what time period are they over? are they optimised? or just there for demonstration?

edit: thank you very much. great service to all members.

im just running some of my own tests atm, i will look to have a go of it next break i get.

those backtest pictures with your files, what time period are they over? are they optimised? or just there for demonstration?

edit: thank you very much. great service to all members.

Hello,

The pics are a snapshot of backtests I just ran today. The backtests run only on H1 timeframe, default settings. Nothing has been optimized. There is no optimization needed or possible for that matter. Just run your backtests/forward tests on the pairs I enumerated earlier.

Regards

Hello,

The pics are a snapshot of backtests I just ran today. The backtests run only on H1 timeframe, default settings. Nothing has been optimized. There is no optimization needed or possible for that matter. Just run your backtests/forward tests on the pairs I enumerated earlier.

Regards

Thank you for the upload. What time period that you used to run these backtests? I did the backtest on both pairs (GU & GJ) from 1/1/2008 - 1/1/2009, both H1, using default settings, and the results were all loss, about -1000 USD for each pair.

Hello,

Regards

Thank you for the upload. What time period that you used to run these backtests? I did the backtest on both pairs (GU & GJ) from 1/1/2008 - 1/1/2009, both H1, using default settings, and the results were all loss, about -1000 USD for each pair.

I've done basktests from 01.01.2009 -30.04.2009 on EURUSD and GBPUSD with default settings and results are loss..