[REQ] Ramp Project Chart Pattern Recognition Scanner

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I would have liked to build a portable for the standalone RAMP8, but even if the program regularly starts (I use Yahoo EOD) then no charts appear.... what do I miss?

*EDIT*

Just watched the video here

http://www.todayscharts.com/Videos/No-Charts-Found/No-Charts-Found.html

and it seems Yahoo data are not downloaded

Did anyone find a solution?

*EDIT2*

The viable solution I found is using the Yahoo EOD (from CandleQuote) exported to MetaStock format

Edited by Minion

Portable Ramp 8 (patched) built using VMWare Thinapp

https://www.forexupload.com/6ew 
password: indo

I used Thinapp because portable built using Studio Portable, when brought from Windows XP to Windows 7, gave error.
If this one gives error at first run, then just wait some more seconds [or in case close and retry (two or three times)]
Then the problem should disappear from that moment on

Edited by Minion

Portable Ramp 8 (patched) built using VMWare Thinapp

https://www.forexupload.com/6ew 
password: indo

I used Thinapp because portable built using Studio Portable, when brought from Windows XP to Windows 7, gave error.
If this one gives error at first run, then just wait some more seconds [or in case close and retry (two or three times)]
Then the problem should disappear from that moment on

Plus

tried on Win8 64 bit. At start up, after few seconds, it activates as Gold Version, When selected data source as Metastock, gives some error, ignoring that, it then works fully.=D>

Minus

Memory guzzler, it takes charge of full PC resource memory and completely slows down the system, and few application, due to inadequate RAM, stops responding. In background (See from Task Manager), it opens multiple chrome, and other few applications. I just deleted. Something fishy:-S

Had this not been the case, it would have been good.

Any improvement possible?

Edited by FFRT

Plus

tried on Win8 64 bit. At start up, after few seconds, it activates as Gold Version, When selected data source as Metastock, gives some error, ignoring that, it then works fully.=D>

Minus

Memory guzzler, it takes charge of full PC resource memory and completely slows down the system, and few application, due to inadequate RAM, stops responding. In background (See from Task Manager), it opens multiple chrome, and other few applications. I just deleted. Something fishy:-S

Had this not been the case, it would have been good.

Any improvement possible?

No improvement possible on my side :-/ that's what comes out from VMWare Thinapp. :-?

I also see that on the login screen it takes up 25% CPU (I have a Windows 7 Quad Core).

As I said, unfortunately, the portable built with Spoon Studio gives immediately error on the login screen.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...