A gift to my friends - TrendRider

Take a look at this system. I have been developing it for a while. It is very simple. Just be disciplined. I use it on H1 and M15 and mainly on EU, GU and UY. Best on pending trades. SL above/below previous pivot. TP on set goal or simply ride the trend trailing pivots on shorter TF.

Could it be easier?

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5439/trendrider.jpg

How long do you trade this and you do you set your targets ?

xpie

Thanks very much Acerinvest. It does look nice indeed. As the second part of the question has been already answered in the first post, it would be interesting to know your answer to the 1st part, that is how long you have forward tested it. Thanks

In as much as I do set a target I generally aim for the TMA mid line. Perhaps less professionally, though, I do sometimes quit early. This can be because I need to go out and fear leaving the trade to itself. It can be because of a major news item coming up that could cause a whipsaw or could be because it is a Friday afternoon and I would not want a trade to run over the weekend.

How long have I traded this way? About April last year I started using Diesel's Trend pullback system and it has developed from there.

There is a saying about standing on the shoulders of giants. Mine would be Diesel and Cazador on this forum.

As a system there is no doubt that it works. Just be patient about waiting for the right setup.

I do also use a few other indicators such as a 5/8 EMA Crossover Alert simply to wake me up if I might otherwise miss a good signal. I also like Real MACD and QQE adv indicators but they really are not necessary - just comfort blankets.

I do make losses with this system but they are almost all down to my own mistakes. Either I rush in with an immediate rather than a pending trade bacause I am scared of missing a few pips or I exit on a pullback out of fear that it is a reversal. Almost always they then bounce back in my predicted direction and I am left cursing myself!

Sadly, you are right about repainting but the only way an indicator can avoid repainting is if it lags. There are so many indicators that, with hindsight, show briliant places to enter and exit trades. We can only trade in real time and the only certainty is that we can never know for certain what is about to happen. We can only work with probabilities.

If trading at the bottom of the TMA range and other tyrend indicators are all giving a clear uptrend then it is reasonably probable that price will rise. If setting a pending trade above prior pivot there is further confirmation in the direction of the trade.

As an indicator of cyclic range I have tried donchian, bollinger, envelopes, MA upper/lower bands to mention a few but TMA has been good. Any other suggestions?

Joeher, I can only suggest that you check your settings. The tpl should set things up properly.

I'm afraid joeher is right. Something is missing. See in the pic what I get with your template. What's the 3 lines indi that you use for your TP? There is no mention of it in the tpl.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3091/201207180731.png

• 4 months later...