Advantages of exotic pairs.

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that nobody has mentioned the spreads on these exotics. So many of them will cost you a lot of money up front upon entry of the trades. This is one reason so many people don't even think about them in the first place. The other reason is that they can be way too volatile. Not worth the headache, unless you really know what you are doing and you know the specific exotic intimately (no pun intended).

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that nobody has mentioned the spreads on these exotics. So many of them will cost you a lot of money up front upon entry of the trades. This is one reason so many people don't even think about them in the first place. The other reason is that they can be way too volatile. Not worth the headache, unless you really know what you are doing and you know the specific exotic intimately (no pun intended).

the truth is alot of brokers widen the spreads for exotics due to the lack of liquidity. therefore alot of retail traders do not find it worthwhile to trade exotics. also such pairs are not as volatile sometimes can just get stuck in a tight range for weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
the truth is alot of brokers widen the spreads for exotics due to the lack of liquidity. therefore alot of retail traders do not find it worthwhile to trade exotics. also such pairs are not as volatile sometimes can just get stuck in a tight range for weeks.

Choosing mainstream pairs is always not a bad idea. you will have sufficient information to work on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
have anyone here even trade usdrub pair ? weeks ago many broker suspend and cease out usdrub from their platform, and there's several report entry position are force close, i dont know if the brokers taking responsible for this one sided act. firstly i dont take a glance with usdrub, and i never trade this pair ever since, just when many people talk about it especially at FF ( there's a thread discuss ruble, the one with putin meme's ) i take part my trade with armada markets platform, and when the rumours spread many brokers suspend the pair, several member said got an email from their brokers regarding those issue, while i'm not getting any email from armada and my ruble trade run normally.

• 2 months later...
have anyone here even trade usdrub pair ? weeks ago many broker suspend and cease out usdrub from their platform, and there's several report entry position are force close, i dont know if the brokers taking responsible for this one sided act. firstly i dont take a glance with usdrub, and i never trade this pair ever since, just when many people talk about it especially at FF ( there's a thread discuss ruble, the one with putin meme's ) i take part my trade with armada markets platform, and when the rumours spread many brokers suspend the pair, several member said got an email from their brokers regarding those issue, while i'm not getting any email from armada and my ruble trade run normally.

I tried USD/RUB last time it was on January, I bet on Rub drawdown as it was expected after Christmas spending in ruble.. Made some profit but spreads were higher than before it was a good cut from profits too.

I think exotic pairs should be studied as sometime the majors are very volatile and hard to trade in these times we can shift our concentration to these exotic pairs there are chances that these might give good returns.

Could you give what exotic pair example??

Hard for trade?. i think it's not exotic pairs,,,

• 4 weeks later...
I guess it all depends on the exotic pair we are talking about, because it is not the same talking about SEK (from an EU country with strong and stable economy) than talking about ARS (with a more instable economy). I don't think exotic pairs are suitable for non experienced traders and one should be very familiar with the currency pair and the countries involved.