No announcement yet.

Can You Define a Successful Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's better to have a losing trade whilst following your rules than losing money
    when you don't follow your rules.
    Take encouragement from the fact that you followed your rules with discipline.
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail,

Comment

For Me a succsesfull trader is a trader that can make consistent profit over the months and over the years and can rely his living on trading or trade for living.

Comment

Hey everybody! I have read nearly all the comments in this thread, and i found them pretty useful. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by ramonramirez View Post
          This single question seems to be at the heart of both success and failure as a trader.

I'm curious as to what others use as their measuring rod for success. Is it accuracy, net ROI per trade, a positive MFE/MAE ratio, not getting stopped out, leaving a certain % of pips on the table in each position held, etc. etc., etc. How do you define it?

When you look in the mirror in the morning and say to yourself: 'You know something, you are a successful trader," what does that mean exactly?

Define: Successful Trader.

My definition of success is this: Success is the progressive realisation of a worthy ideal.

Only you can decide what is your worthy ideal/goal in the area you are pursuing, be it in trading, fitness, studies, relationship etc.

Like you said, if you can honestly look at yourself in the mirror and say "I am a successful _______", then you are successful.

Anyway, whether you are successful or not, either way you are right.

Comment

I guess a successful trader is a combination of successful trades and money earned with a touch of balance between your social life and trading life.

Comment

A successful trader is a trader who has always risen in the face of problems and he wanted to make the issue as a lesson .. And a successful trader will not repeat mistake again ..

Comment

I guess a successful trader is a combination of successful trades and money earned with a touch of balance between your social life and trading life. According to me you should be sure to participating in a trade show that compliments your business, there is must need to promote yourself first, you have to be ready every time for deal or trade in business.

Comment

a successful trade is when you make profit, and even if you loose and learn something from your mistake, thats a successful trade too.

Comment

Successful traders are those who reap the benefits with a consistent

What?
                    Last edited by FloridaTrader; 01-09-14, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar Contzen
                      I seem which traders can earn consistently by their trading they are the successful Forex trader. The ratio of successful Forex trader are very small. Because for being a successful Forex trader need huge trading experience and also need huge Forex knowledge.
                      This is a successful forex trader, who can continuous managed their capitals. And sure, they need learning the forex knowledge.

Comment

successful trader is a trader who is able to control the emotions well. with controlling emotions then we can trade with more leverage so that we are able to obtain maximum results

Comment

You are asking definition that will be worthless to heard. If i say that success = money on forex I will probably be right, but there is much more in trading sucess - experience, professional contacts, public recognition, etc.

Comment

A successful trade is trade when you dont make a loss, nobody wants to loose and if you make profit no matter small it might be its a successful trade.

Comment

in brief a successful trader is one who’s prediction of the market is accurate most times; the trader who ahs more win ratio to losses is said to be a successful trader. Some count their success in terms of how many pips the person makes; which ever way, as long as you are making profits, you are a successful trader.

Comment

Successful traders are the ones who bring in money to the bank accounts EVERYDAY! Unclepips

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X