William EA - 600% profit, how much will you pay?

Ok guys,

Some people urges me to "release" my EA. Well, reluctantly I've tried to build and test one. Surprisingly from the backtest it gained 600% profit in 10 months. :D That's an average of 60% per month, not bad huh?

Here's about the EA:

- No money management, just buy / sell 1 lot at a time.

- No stop loss / take profit. Keep switching between buy/sell every time. If sell is ready to be entered, buy order is closed then enter the sell order.

- Starting acc: $5,000

- Normal forex lot 1 pip = $10

- No martiangle or stuff, just pure 1 lot each and every time.

- Surprisingly from 95 trades, only 33 are winners, and 62 are losers :D

- That makes only 35% winning percentage.

- However it seems that the winners really beat the losers :D

- Only tested from Jan 7, 2008 to Oct 13, 2008

- The profit graphic is almost straight forward. No significant drawdowns.

- tested successfully using EUR/usd timeframe H4

See the chart & Detailed report for yourself.

I still have several things to do:

- Want to test with other time frame & other currency

- Want to backtest a whole lot longer just to get to know the consistency.

- I'm planning to sell it. Well, will release full version for you guys (but keep it silent ok :D ) if successful. How much will you guys pay for this EA?

Regards,

Re: William EA - 600% profit, how much will you pay?

No stop loss / take profit....

Wawo, that's a bit risky here :cd: :cd:

The SL/TP is the buy/sell itself. If you look at the detailed report you'll see that when a buy order is closed, at the exactly same price, a sell order is opened. Also, when a sell order is closed, at the exactly same price, a buy order is opened.

So, the opposite order is the SL/TP. Well, that's how the system works. So, it's not similar to manual trading system where you need to put SL/TP.

It's a trend following system, where if it's a false signal (you have a loss), you will get out with a loss at the moment where the trend is confirmed (according the system) to be changed. So you won't get out of the market because of a retracement. Also, with the TP, you will let the profit run along until it is confirmed that the trend has changed.

Just a bit advice, how can you convince ppl to buy a system with less than 50% winning percentage...??

Will it help if add stop loss? :?

Well, that my friend, is what i'm still figuring out. :D

I think adding a stop loss will make more loss trades, thus lowering the winning percentage.

However:

- All experienced investors know that what it counts is the end result. We are here to make money, not to win each and everytime. You can see at other forum that experienced people are discussing about a trading system with less than 50% winning rate, but with correct money management, could consistently make money each and every month. So, at least I think my sales is safe with this kind of people. :D

- Well, from this testing, we could see that the only losing month is July, with a loss of -$700 (-70 pips). Not a very big number, while all the other months are winner.

- The profit and the loss are light year different :D Even with less than 50% winning rate, the EA could make 600% profit. I prefer more money and I don't really care about the winning rate. Well, that's me though :P

- I could just not mentioned the winning percentage in the sales process :D Most people will be attracted to the 600% :P

- As I've said, I'm not finished testing the EA. It's not working with usd/JPY and GBP/usd. With EUR/usd it only works with H4 timeframe. I also want to test it with longer data, perhaps from 1990.

- Well, worst case, if it's hard to sell, I just don't release the EA, and use it by myself to bank the profit :D

Thanks for the advice ustcer2001. Yes, it's still in the process and I'll try to do something with the winning rate.

Regards,

Just a bit advice, how can you convince ppl to buy a system with less than 50% winning percentage...??

If you want to choose a good system, don't look at it's winning percentage, just look at how much money it banks each month :lol:

My trading system generally produce less than 50%, sometime less than 40% winning ratio. But with R:R ratio of 1:2.5, I still manage to bank in some cash every month. :D

I think adding a stop loss will make more loss trades, thus lowering the winning percentage.

But u need to be prepared for "One of those days" when things can go terribly wrong.

4 hour candle is capable of +200pips move in one candle, and it may move in favor of your trade, or NOT.... :ahhh:

However:

- All experienced investors know that what it counts is the end result. We are here to make money, not to win each and everytime. You can see at other forum that experienced people are discussing about a trading system with less than 50% winning rate, but with correct money management, could consistently make money each and every month. So, at least I think my sales is safe with this kind of people. :D

yes, I couldn't agree more :lol:

• 10 months later...

Hi

This are not the same EA. William wrote:

"Last time i've tried to build an EA with low win rate, so it gives many small losses but when it wins, it conquers all the losses. But seems people don't really gives good response, seems people like those small but keep winning."

So if William can post anything about this EA, I will this really appreciated.

Thanks,

megainvest

Ok guys,

Some people urges me to "release" my EA. Well, reluctantly I've tried to build and test one. Surprisingly from the backtest it gained 600% profit in 10 months. :D That's an average of 60% per month, not bad huh?

Here's about the EA:

- No money management, just buy / sell 1 lot at a time.

- No stop loss / take profit. Keep switching between buy/sell every time. If sell is ready to be entered, buy order is closed then enter the sell order.

- Starting acc: $5,000

- Normal forex lot 1 pip = $10

- No martiangle or stuff, just pure 1 lot each and every time.

- Surprisingly from 95 trades, only 33 are winners, and 62 are losers :D

- That makes only 35% winning percentage.

- However it seems that the winners really beat the losers :D

- Only tested from Jan 7, 2008 to Oct 13, 2008

- The profit graphic is almost straight forward. No significant drawdowns.

- tested successfully using EUR/usd timeframe H4

See the chart & Detailed report for yourself.

I still have several things to do:

- Want to test with other time frame & other currency

- Want to backtest a whole lot longer just to get to know the consistency.

- I'm planning to sell it. Well, will release full version for you guys (but keep it silent ok :D ) if successful. How much will you guys pay for this EA?

Regards,

If its can trade on micro account.... i will buy it..... just PM me the price... or email at [email protected].. hope i can affort the price...

Hi

This are not the same EA. William wrote:

"Last time i've tried to build an EA with low win rate, so it gives many small losses but when it wins, it conquers all the losses. But seems people don't really gives good response, seems people like those small but keep winning."

So if William can post anything about this EA, I will this really appreciated.

Thanks,

megainvest

I'm curious, if you created an ea that did well, even though it had more losses than gains. how come you are not still using it?

I always wonder why it is important to sell the EA if it is making lots of money.

Maybe you are better off keeping it.

Now after all that I'd still love to see how this EA works, I like the concept.