Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpari and oanda stop hunting of retail traders

Hi
    I want to bring to the attention of members of Indo of an observation i made today as of 1500gmt on Alpari and oanda mt4 platforms.
    Please correct me if i am wrong but isnt it stop hunting by these 2 brokers(albeit in opposite direction as can be seen on pic link representing 5minTF.

http://www.4sh@red.com/photo/5_FadT86/stop_hunt_move_alpari_and_oand.html?

yes I saw this on 1 min eur usd, at the same time another platform was open and I did not see this falling from the cliff, I just opened a new account with alpari, maybe should not put money into it, also fxe etf did not show this, I did not know whats going on.

Comment

total broker intitated stop run! checked the data on IQ feed which is independent and pretty close to the interbank feed. That spike low doesn't exist. The chart on the left is pretty close to the IQ feed. Alpari are up to no good. If they stopped you out then ask to see a screen grab of their time and sales which will be from their reuters feed. I very much doubt it will show that spike.
      Last edited by keifer; 04-06-12, 19:40.

Comment

keifer which broker do you recommend, kind of want to stay away now from alpari

Comment

If the 1 on the left is oanda ... that is not a stop hunt
          Alpari yes .....

I`ve been using Oanda for 8 years never have had a problem

Comment

Have accounts with Mirus futures, PFG best, Capital spreads. no complaints. Use a separate data feed like IQ feed or Kinetic.

Comment

the chart on Alpari Uk live account looks like as Onda's one -so the is not any stop hunt.maybe you have Alpari US or NZ account.

Comment

The snapshot is from alpari uk. (the one on left is from oanda). I am glad i was not live trading at the moment just testing some script on the demo.

bokachi can you post a Alpari Uk live pic showing no stop hunt?

Comment

I cannot explain it, but it is funny!

Edit:

if you want to see the whole picture: right click on image and choose "open image in new tab"

Last edited by freddy; 05-06-12, 11:52.

Comment

Freddy,

I've encountered the same problem with Oanda MT4. Mine was hit TP but not filled and when I tried to close the trade manually, I received the "Off Quotes" error. I managed to screen capture and email to Oanda support. They reply with apologies and refund my profit. The problem that they said was due to the intermediate software between their MT4 server and their main server. So I suppose their price feed is fed only to their main server and the intermediate software bridge the main server to their MT4. If the intermediate frozen at that time, trades on MT4 might not be filled.

I've moved away from them since and now happily trading with IC Markets. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                      Thank you for your feedback on Oanda. What is curious in the picture I posted is that the bug only appeared in the demo alpari-uk (left side) and my stop was not taken, as if the bar - 45 pips had never existed. In alpari-uk (real) (right side), everything is normal.(no glitch)

Comment

I have alpari demo account have gread difficulty execute orders, constant re quotes and waiting for fill and close, almost impossible to trade, is it the same in real account,never had it in before in demo accounts in different brokers, thanks

Comment

oanda and saxo no issues. alpari last time i had account, was very bad experience.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X