Discussion on repainter indicators

annbeea

Hello all friends here,

could we start discussions on available repainter indicators, and post the lists of repaint indicators, so that we can know which indicators are repaint or non repaint, so that we can save more time before knowing it is indeed repaint ones after long time of observation? I think this is a little contribution to the forex community.

By the way, what is the existence value of repainter indicators and how to correctly use repainter indicators, hope some experienced traders can share their view on this issue. Many thanks. :)

Fractal is certainly a lagging indicator but not a repainting one. Once a valid fractal is discovered (needs 5 bars analysis) it won't repaint.

okay I know what you mean, but it is not a good indicator to use anyway. because delay 2 bar. well if you can use with price action that would help.

What is the difference entre repainting and lagging?

what he mean lagging is you have to wait before it show on chart. so it show on 2 bar later if the high or low been noticed.

Edited by mtuppers

okay I know what you mean, but it is not a good indicator to use anyway. because delay 2 bar. well if you can use with price action that would help.

what he mean lagging is you have to wait before it show on chart. so it show on 2 bar later if the high or low been noticed.

Almost wrong in both accounts. 1) In reference to the Fractal indicator you are right if you trading strategy is based on the current bar. I do not like fractas either. Good for others. 2) In reference to repainting and lagging; an indicator could be both. Like some histograms; 3 bars blue and later on they changed to red by the influence of price. Useless for past history, showing perfection. Lagging has to do with the indicator movements in relation to price. Moving Averages are consider lagging indicators; the longer the period the far away from price they would be but they moved with price, and they are also leading indicators and price have to come back to them soon or later.

Personally, I do not have problem with lagging or non-lagging or repainting indicators as far as they are on the chart. I avoid repainting indicators as separate window.