How do I sum a range of values

I want to sum the difference between the open and the close of a candle over 3 periods.

With candle 1 being the most recent fully closed candle and candle 2 being the next most recent fully closed candle etc etc.

Also can someone provide me with live data so that I can test a method that, sigh, and I know I should not be saying this:

Has not in BACKTESTING returned one losing trade since 1999!!

Anyway thanks for any help with either of these issues.

Re: How do I sum a range of values

I exported the data from the meta trader history center into an excel spreadsheet, put in my logic and spent an entire weekend going through the data, and identifying the dates that met my parameters and testing various take profit methods.

Finally refined the entry and exit to state that if an order was not filled within 24 hours then wait for another signal. Even if I had not put in place that conservative measure I would have still not had a losing trade but I figure that having an order filled and exited profitably after 24 hours when looking on a daily chart is too much of a risk for me.

Re: How do I sum a range of values

That is the rub of the system, the drawdown can be quite high as I did not input a stop loss and I am thinking that the system should not be traded with more than 3 to 1 leverage, sigh, and I personally favour hedging.

So your returns are going to be relatively low but steady, but in testing the blinking method even works when trading the TITAN known as XAUUSD!

Using 2008 to now with conservative method on GBPJPY a trader would have made 7,396 pips.

Using 2008 to now with conservative method on XAUUSD and assuming that one pip is calculated as the value in the 1 cent position a trader would have made only trading long signals 28,290 pips. I chose long in this case as most sites pay interest if you go long XAUUSD.

This is why I want to see if it works with live data, as it seems like a worthwhile system.

Going to see what the system would look like on XAUUSD trading both long and short