1hourforex

How come my MT4 crash after install the indi and the template?

Try the method the author mentioned in his installation video. Especially for Windows 7 (or vista) users, creating a separate Metatrader Folder and a fresh MT4 installation, seems to fix many MT4 indicators problems. I have found fresh MT4 instal frequently solve my problems in the past. Perhaps it will solve yours too.

My version is working fine on my computer as downloaded, and it does NOT seem resource intensive (but I do have a fast computer). And also no, the indis do not need to be educated.

Edited by dukeaugustus

The author also has a youtube channel, where he intends to do daily review (the first review is already up), so you can compare your chart set-up, as well as your results, with his:

http://www.youtube.c0m/user/SuperSn@ger

(again, change "c0m" to "com"; "@" to "a")

edit: he has sold other systems in the past, so he has review videos for other systems too, but you can easily tell from the video's title which one is which.

I looked the videos and the guy draws the TL wrong! Uptrend on the top and downtrend on the bottom in some cases. He needs also education how to draw TLs. The other thing you have to consider that the Pivot indicator works OK only on Think Forex (-4 H) on other brokers you get wrong indications. The system wins around 50/50 that's gambling, not a big deal for me.

Hermes

• 4 weeks later...

His youTube daily reviews have shown his method doing better than 50% or 60% win ratio. (Even without counting every trade he considered a winner, I still tracked around 70% to 85% win ratio). Which is not bad.

The biggest problem I see for this method, is that experience and subjective judgement are needed for some entries. Although some entries are very obvious, like price bouncing from a solid pivot line or whole number lines. But many of his "winning" trades take bounce back from previous candle highs/lows, or from manually-drawn trend lines. These can be somewhat subjective.

But if you are willing to take fewer but obvious trades, I do believe the win rate is very favorable.

edit: until or unless he makes his review videos password protected, anyone can still watch them at the author's channel:

http://www.youtube.c0m/user/SuperSn@ger

(change "c0m" to "com"; "@" to "a")

Edited by dukeaugustus

• 1 month later...
Works great for me on my desktop and laptop. The indis only work on 1 hour time frame. If that does not work, try installing a fresh version of MT4 and apply template and indis. I hope this helps. Below is a snapshot of the template on my laptop.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/newbie1112/1hour-1.gif

Newbie, How did you manage to change the Pivot Point Level colour, Do you have the decompiled file ?

Funny, I can see the pivots on all timeframes

Edited by shabz

Newbie, How did you manage to change the Pivot Point Level colour, Do you have the decompiled file ?

Funny, I can see the pivots on all timeframes

Maybe Newbie will have a better answer for you. But, I believe there are two standard templates, one for white background, one for black background. The pivot line color is pre-set and differs according to the template you use. (But within the template, I do not think the user has option to change the pivot line color, though I am not a power mt4 user, so I can be wrong.).

On timeframe, the pivot lines still appear on different timeframe. We can only adjust the hour offset to determine at what time you want the pivot line to start drawing for that trading day.

A special note here: the author uses ThinkForex, which has broker time equals to GMT currently. As the pivot is calculated by end of day for each day, if your broker uses a different timezone, your pivot lines will differ from the ones the author uses in his videos. For example, I like to use alpari UK for most of my mt4 charting, but alpari is running at GMT+1, so the pivot lines on my chart are usually off by a few pips from the official lines. But I do not think that makes a big difference in the long run.

Edited by dukeaugustus