Saxo Bank Trading platafomr

jcosta

I've tried many of these proprietary platforms but not seen this one. I do not know if it even has an ability to import or create indicators or studies.

IMO it is a long and uphill battle, all of which has a cost of time, energy and money, and overall I would not think it is worth it. Not trying to be useless with an answer, but, I would think it is far better to go with Ninjatrader or Tradestation - both are either free or available here - pay $60/month for a datafeed, and use that for charting, indicators, studies, or whatever. (There are many other fine packages available beyond these, ie., Multicharts, Investor/RT, etc.)

BTW the reason companies and trading houses like these go with these proprietary packages is cost: it is cheaper for them, and, to an extent limits what their customers can do, and therefore limits their ability to be profitable - all of which make for excellent customers from their perspectives. Obviously, you want to use the best tools out there, not the ones the bank/broker tells you to use.

The packages I mention have incredible support and existing indicators and studies/strategies, that developing for another platform makes little sense: especially when the goal is presumably to make money, so, the wait and any money spent in the meantime is senseless.

In the past I was very satisfied with the platform SaxoTrader (some details about the platform: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxo_Bank ).

With the TradeCommander (part of the platform) everybody was able to write/generate and test automated trading programs using a very simple block diagrams.

Also one benefit of SaxoTrader platform is: if the PC has been switched off (and the platform closed), the trailing stops of open trades will still work according the price actions.

In the past I was very satisfied with the platform SaxoTrader (some details about the platform: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxo_Bank ).

With the TradeCommander (part of the platform) everybody was able to write/generate and test automated trading programs using a very simple block diagrams.

Also one benefit of SaxoTrader platform is: if the PC has been switched off (and the platform closed), the trailing stops of open trades will still work according the price actions.

But there are also platform/data/inactivity fees

Regards

Hi,

Saxo Bank offers own multi-asset trading platforms: SaxoTrader - desktop application, SaxoWebTrader - web browser version and SaxoMobileTrader - application for your mobile device.

By having a White Label partner agreement some other companies offer trading on Saxo Bank platforms to their clients, yet under their own conditions and with their own unique product offering.

Would appreciate your explanation of the term "studies", is that technical analysis you refer to? Yes, there is a vast toolset for performing a TA on Saxo trading platforms. Extensive Help guide will facilitate the process of familiarization with these.

You are very welcome to come back with more questions on the topic if any.

Best regard,

Ulrik

To add, I would recommend to refer to the platforms detailed description here: http://www.saxobank.com/trading-platforms. The content on the Wiki might be slightly outdated. Currently, the platforms have been upgraded with new trading modules to support your trading in a more efficient way and to provide an ultimate level of security.

by "studies" I mean the ability to create strategies investimento. like we do with MT4.

eg develop our own indicators, alerts, or expert advisor, our own DLL files as seems to be the base of the platform.

However there is no information available how to do it, in which programming language or even the testimony of those who did.

by "studies" I mean the ability to create strategies investimento. like we do with MT4.

eg develop our own indicators, alerts, or expert advisor, our own DLL files as seems to be the base of the platform.

However there is no information available how to do it, in which programming language or even the testimony of those who did.

Hi there, thank you for clarifying your question. Saxo’s trading platforms currently do not support EAs or automatic system-based trading.

Best,

Ulrik

• 1 month later...
Hello, do you know how I could use saxobank as a data provider? I am currently using saxobank platform for trading and tradestation as data provider-charts-indicators. I am also familiar with the owndata software with which you can use different data providers for tradestation. Since I am already a client of saxobank I can have low cost real time data but with the limited usage of the saxotrader platform. So my question is the following, is there a way I can use the data feed of saxobank (free for forex, paid for futures depending on exchange) in tradestation (and also as end of day data in metastock) through owndata or any other similar program? (owndata does not have saxobank as supported data provider in their site) Thx !!!!

I use Saxo and I have no complaints so far. I like it primarily because it is multi-asset, so I can trade alot of stocks worldwide and FX and kommoditas. It is good but minimum to open an account is USD 10,000 i think. Data-wise I think their data cannot be exported.

I know they have an office in Singapore which is where APAC clients are served.

Hi Evg, thank you for the question, you can use Saxo data feed on you third party software via API fix protocol. Could you please send me an email with your Saxo ID to discuss technical details.

Best,

Ulrik

Thx for your reply Ulrik, I will send you a PM

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...