Encrypting subject headers of new posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encrypting subject headers of new posts

First of all let me say that I have enjoyed being a member of this great forum and will continue to contribute as much as I can.

What concerns me lately is that we are making it too easy for the makers of the systems we share here to find us through the search engines. Only the other day I shared a system request only for the links to be deleted by the file sharing host the very same day. I did a search for the post subject and it was right there in the top 10 position in g**gle.

I would really suggest for people starting new posts to encrypt their subject headers in a way that it would be difficult for the vendors to find this forum. For example, suppose you have a system called "Holy Grail" to share, instead of actually calling it that you could call it "H0lly Gr@il" instead or something similar.

I know this could probably cause problems for members to search for the systems they are trying to find, but if we are not careful these vendors could blacklist these systems or worst case, make enough noise to the right people to close this forum down... I for one do not want this to happen.

Any other suggests will be greatly appreciated.

Dear meek13,

Right said...

The main problem with encrypting is with search. User's won't be able to search.
    And only the sharing copy is deleted over there... the master copy is always in HDD, which can again be uploaded..

Have a nice day
    JBest

Comment

Originally posted by johnbest View Post
      Dear meek13,

Right said...

The main problem with encrypting is with search. User's won't be able to search.
      And only the sharing copy is deleted over there... the master copy is always in HDD, which can again be uploaded..

Have a nice day
      JBest

Thanks for the reply JBest and I hear what you say about just having to upload again... my concerns are more of if there are enough complaints made to the right people, eg, web hosting, copyright infringements... etc, this forum could eventually be shut down. I have seen this happen to a lot of other forums I used to be part of and would hate to see this happen to this forum. Anyway, just thought I would share this with our members.

Have a great day
      meek13

Comment

You are correct meek13 and I would suggest a method of which you have already given a hint. The vowels may be used like this in the subject field of the thread; @ for a, & for e, % for i, 0(Zero) for o and finally ^ for u. Then the members searching a particular subject may also apply these characters. The admins may also program the codes that the subject header may automatically change the vowels in the subject header in a predefined manner. If this is uniformally applied then I don't think there could be any problem.
        Last edited by anu60; 22-10-11, 10:31. Reason: some apparent mistake in drafting

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        Working...
        X