[REQ]Metatrader intraday data to Metastock

pashamangl

You could use DDE feature of the Metastock and MT4 for the purpose. In simple steps:

1. Configure MT4 to enable DDE service (This basically starts exporting the values of the bid/ask)

2. There is a separate software called Metaserver DDE (an application interfacing the MT4 and Metastock...converts the data from MT4 to Metastock format and stores it).

3, You configure the MS DDE to call links in the format MT4!Bid, Mt4!Ask, etc.

It requires a certain amount of understanding the whole concept anyway and its tough. The other thing to note is, since every tick is written to the HDD with this method, it hogs your computer.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

You could use DDE feature of the Metastock and MT4 for the purpose. In simple steps:

1. Configure MT4 to enable DDE service (This basically starts exporting the values of the bid/ask)

2. There is a separate software called Metaserver DDE (an application interfacing the MT4 and Metastock...converts the data from MT4 to Metastock format and stores it).

3, You configure the MS DDE to call links in the format MT4!Bid, Mt4!Ask, etc.

It requires a certain amount of understanding the whole concept anyway and its tough. The other thing to note is, since every tick is written to the HDD with this method, it hogs your computer.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

I download Metaserver DDe from here: http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/9983-mt4-real-data-to-metastock-pro?highlight=metaserver (thank you Sixer)

i select Enable DDE server from mt4/tools/options/server

i open metaserver rt 2.0 pro for dde but i don't know what to do next

pls explain me

thank you

Sorry for the wrong info on MS. I have tried Mt4 with Amiboker in the past and got confused.

But I still believe we can use Mt4 with MS...using DDE option. The funny thing is , I have used MS with DDE in the past but not with MT4. There was an application which fetched data from yahoo financial and i used DDE to update MS. But now, DDE is not showing any of the DDE server, like Excel or MT4. I will still keep searching for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I download Metaserver DDe from here: http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/9983-mt4-real-data-to-metastock-pro?highlight=metaserver (thank you Sixer)

i select Enable DDE server from mt4/tools/options/server

i open metaserver rt 2.0 pro for dde but i don't know what to do next

pls explain me

thank you

Im also at this step....can anybody help ????