Working System that i should try to programm?

Hello,

i´m searching for a good really working trading system,

that i should try to make automated and share with you.

If you know or have a system you know!! that works pls upload the needed files with trading rules here so i can give it a try.

but pls really only give me Systems you know that they work in manuall trading.

Greetings

Hi Alex,

My experience of coding successful manual systems is that they never work when automated.

The manual trader has a wealth of information from just looking at the charts and from subconscious nudges based on seeing the same patterns over and over again.

I don't trade a system as such when I trade live and I suspect that a lot of other manual traders are similar - we use S/R levels, candlestick patterns, trendlines, HH/LL breaks etc. and it depends on the type of market which one/or more of these methods we use.

A system which I don't use in live, though may be worth trying to automate is the "Raitis" one:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13697-Profitable-Trading-Systems-from-Malaysian-Forums

The channel indicator seems particularly good (though it repaints a bit - so beware of that) and you could possibly make a system using just that. Only enter trades on a 5m chart when the 15m channel and 60m channel have just lined up - it may be prudent to wait for a retracement before entering (though this can be tricky to code). Alternatively try automating the whole system and see how you get on.

Hi Alex,

My experience of coding successful manual systems is that they never work when automated.

The manual trader has a wealth of information from just looking at the charts and from subconscious nudges based on seeing the same patterns over and over again.

I don't trade a system as such when I trade live and I suspect that a lot of other manual traders are similar - we use S/R levels, candlestick patterns, trendlines, HH/LL breaks etc. and it depends on the type of market which one/or more of these methods we use.

A system which I don't use in live, though may be worth trying to automate is the "Raitis" one:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13697-Profitable-Trading-Systems-from-Malaysian-Forums

The channel indicator seems particularly good (though it repaints a bit - so beware of that) and you could possibly make a system using just that. Only enter trades on a 5m chart when the 15m channel and 60m channel have just lined up - it may be prudent to wait for a retracement before entering (though this can be tricky to code). Alternatively try automating the whole system and see how you get on.

Hi soundfx, I would like to ask a question. Please don't be offended because I have high respect for you and don't want to end up on your bad side.

My question has to do with the fact that If he automates the Raitis system, that it will no longer work even for manual traders. The reason that I say this is that, it seems like when there is a system that works good and someone makes an ea of it.

The ea will get attention from the borkers as soon as it start making profits. As soon as the borkers notice this ea thay will pull every trick in the book to counter the actions of the ea and before long the ea blows your account. Now for those of us whom like to trade the system manually, that means that the system will no loger work for us since we are entering on the same trades that the ea would have. And that would render any system that used to be a good working system useless. Do I make sense with this, or is my newbie paranoia just going too far?

If you could automate the SRS trendrider system from Vladimir Ribakov you would have something really great. Actually the only thing you would have to automate would be the "Human Eye Rule which simply finds the most recent high or low. If you are interested, PM me.

Hi newbie111,

My question has to do with the fact that If he automates the Raitis system, that it will no longer work even for manual traders. The reason that I say this is that, it seems like when there is a system that works good and someone makes an ea of it.

The ea will get attention from the borkers as soon as it start making profits. As soon as the borkers notice this ea thay will pull every trick in the book to counter the actions of the ea and before long the ea blows your account. Now for those of us whom like to trade the system manually, that means that the system will no loger work for us since we are entering on the same trades that the ea would have. And that would render any system that used to be a good working system useless. Do I make sense with this, or is my newbie paranoia just going too far?

It's true that brokers know when you're running EAs and they can tell if lots of folks are running the same EAs and they can sometimes take action to prevent you from profiting.

However, these sort of tricks only go on to my knowledge when EA's are trading "thin" markets - i.e. the classic "dead zone" scalpers like FAPTurbo spring to mind. In thin markets we can see abnormal price spikes sometimes or increased spreads which prevent such EAs from working. The thing which really helped the brokers home in on FAPTurbo was the fact that it only entered trades within a 2-3 hour window.

In the main session, I've compared various main brokers and spreadbet price feeds a few times and all are virtually identical. I say main brokers because it's possible that some of the less reputable brokers are more likely to target successful EA's and hence anomalies could be expected to be seen in their price feeds.

I've not yet seen a successful manual system converted to run automatically which can gain anywhere near the amount of pips as the manual system can. The worst EA's just show an ever declining equity curve and the best have chunks of wins and chunks of losses and never really end up going anywhere. The only EA's which have equity curves going to the moon are those which are "curve-fitted" or martingale/grid style EA's where the equity curve sinks like a stone to 0 at some point (it's strange how the marketeers always forget to put those trades in ;) ).

Bear in mind that FAPTurbo was being run on tens of thousands of accounts in a very quiet period, before some brokers started make life difficult for the EA. An EA created here if it's any good would be traded on a few hundred accounts at most at a rough guess and would be running in the main session. My view is that this wouldn't be enough to attract the broker's attention.

Also, consider that the logic which may be used to trade the Raitis system for example in the EA would be executed flawlessly - with good and less than good setups. We'd ignore obviously poor setups if we were manually trading, so even if the brokers were to target an EA (highly unlikely IMHO) they couldn't manipulate prices to prevent a similar system being traded manually too.

Hi newbie111,

It's true that brokers know when you're running EAs and they can tell if lots of folks are running the same EAs and they can sometimes take action to prevent you from profiting.

However, these sort of tricks only go on to my knowledge when EA's are trading "thin" markets - i.e. the classic "dead zone" scalpers like FAPTurbo spring to mind. In thin markets we can see abnormal price spikes sometimes or increased spreads which prevent such EAs from working. The thing which really helped the brokers home in on FAPTurbo was the fact that it only entered trades within a 2-3 hour window.

In the main session, I've compared various main brokers and spreadbet price feeds a few times and all are virtually identical. I say main brokers because it's possible that some of the less reputable brokers are more likely to target successful EA's and hence anomalies could be expected to be seen in their price feeds.

I've not yet seen a successful manual system converted to run automatically which can gain anywhere near the amount of pips as the manual system can. The worst EA's just show an ever declining equity curve and the best have chunks of wins and chunks of losses and never really end up going anywhere. The only EA's which have equity curves going to the moon are those which are "curve-fitted" or martingale/grid style EA's where the equity curve sinks like a stone to 0 at some point (it's strange how the marketeers always forget to put those trades in ;) ).

Bear in mind that FAPTurbo was being run on tens of thousands of accounts in a very quiet period, before some brokers started make life difficult for the EA. An EA created here if it's any good would be traded on a few hundred accounts at most at a rough guess and would be running in the main session. My view is that this wouldn't be enough to attract the broker's attention.

Also, consider that the logic which may be used to trade the Raitis system for example in the EA would be executed flawlessly - with good and less than good setups. We'd ignore obviously poor setups if we were manually trading, so even if the brokers were to target an EA (highly unlikely IMHO) they couldn't manipulate prices to prevent a similar system being traded manually too.

Thnks a million bro, now I understand how things work a bit more clearly.