The truth is: They can’t … they never do … and they never will beat the market …

Guys before i post this, I'd just like to say I don't mean to be pessimistic or discourage anyone but .... statistics if taken over a well representative large sample size do in fact reflect the truth.

Here's one of the most comprehensive & well researched reports into the "90% of daytraders lose money - fact or fiction" adage ... and it is a very old adage .... but is it really true?

the findings are ....... 82% of daytraders lose money on a consistent basis year after year and even the profitable ones make less than Raven the monkey ....... in case you didn't know Raven the monkey is somewhat like Paul the octopus who had a great deal of success predicting winners at the recently concluded football world cup.

the article concludes .... the winners were the dumbest of all because

The so-called winning traders were not only making less than Raven the monkey, they were making less than a buy’n’hold investor would have made from a portfolio with a thousands just sitting passively in tech funds and stocks in the 1995-1999 period. So once again our hat’s off to Odean and Barber, their two studies confirm the truth about trading, that … trading is a loser’s game.

Come to think of it even the best best known currency trader of our time George Soros lost money in the currency markets .... its true he made a billion dollars in one day from the bank of England fiasco but i believe he subsequently lost 700 million a year for two consecutive years during the asian currency crisis ....... which makes it a net loss of -400 million usd and the bulk of his fortune has not come from speculation but from 'buy and hold.' like in his macro funds like quantum fund which was run by 'buy & hold/value investor" Jim Rogers. (who subsequently left to inves his own money)

Well anyway guys please don't mind .... its just food for thought I dont mean to discourage anyone.... as i'm trading full time myself

full article ----->

http://wallstreetwarzone.com/the-more-you-trade-the-less-you-earn/

Edited by hermanhess