Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member Array
    Thanks

Lightbulb Disable deletion of own posts

Hi!
    People don't like someone and before leaving, they delete all posts look here:
    http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13004-REQ-Market-Maker-s-Method?p=163954&viewfull=1#post163954
    http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13004-REQ-Market-Maker-s-Method?p=164089&viewfull=1#post164089
    NeoRio and ianf0ster deleted all they ever wrote.

It is not good, that it is possible to delete posts days later. I suggest to change or delete posts just few hours later like on many other boards.
    You cannot understand the whole thread by reading weeks later if important posts vanish. The feelings of some users should not destroy the whole thread structure and it should be possible to recognize people if they just register with a new name.
    Please click thanks if you agree with me.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob! For This Useful Post:

Silver Member Array eatshitandmultiply's Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't be naive. Some of the admins here go through and delete all sorts of posts to skew the history to erase their ****** actions. The steady winner thread is just one example of Stormin_norman doing this.

Thanks
    And remember that thread I started where I posted the forum rules... seems to have been completely wiped from the records. I guarantee you it wasn't me that did that.

Diamond Member Array
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 484 Posts
    Bob!

You cannot understand the whole thread by reading weeks later if important posts vanish. The feelings of some users should not destroy the whole thread structure and it should be possible to recognize people if they just register with a new name.
    Please click thanks if you agree with me.
    II is generally a forum of freedom of expression which is one of its strengths. Posters who suspect the integrity of other posters should be sure to always quote them in their responses (not that I suspect your integrity ). This will ensure that the thread maintains a logical progression and will virtually eliminate the gap problem where posters suddenly decide to delete all their posts en-masse.

As for recognising posters signing up with new names, that could also prove to be tricky. For example, because I don't have a fixed IP address, all I need to do is to reboot my router and sign up as [email protected] rather than [email protected] and I will appear to be someone else

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soundfx View Post
    Bob!

II is generally a forum of freedom of expression which is one of its strengths. Posters who suspect the integrity of other posters should be sure to always quote them in their responses (not that I suspect your integrity ). This will ensure that the thread maintains a logical progression and will virtually eliminate the gap problem where posters suddenly decide to delete all their posts en-masse.

As for recognising posters signing up with new names, that could also prove to be tricky. For example, because I don't have a fixed IP address, all I need to do is to reboot my router and sign up as [email protected] rather than [email protected] and I will appear to be someone else
    Sure.. that's how I am here posting now when Norman banned Jayman007. You need to understand as well it's not always the poster that deletes stuff but the admin have been going through and deleting not only posts but entire threads.

So the freedom of expression you mention that used to be a great strength here at II has turned into FOX news censorship. You are free to say what you want unless it conflicts with the admins MO.

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    Yes, many posts disappear although the poster did not delete them. Nobody says why! Sometimes it would be good to remind other users not to post this or that instead of just deleting.
    Soundfx, there are many hints who you may be not ip or mail only.
    I don't think that it helps if everybody copies the posts of the last users.
    Important knowledge is gone, just because two persons don't like each other and one deletes on his emotions EVERYTHING he ever said. That helps nobody.
    Click thanks, so that the admins may see that you agree with me.

Thanks
    I am Jayman and I'll tell you why I was banned... I posted the FREE trial to Steady winner IN the steady winner thread. Norman considered that spam and perm banned my nick. Then Ming went into the thread and posted a note to the admins asking why was jayman banned for posting the free trial to my EA in the correct place. Norman responded back that Jayman is a spammer and he knew what he was doing when he posted it. Then, after a few days, all those posts suddenly disappeared. Like a weeks worth of posts poof. Now I didn't delete my posts. Ming didn't delete his. And now there is no record this ever transpired.

So thanks Freddie for supporting my ban. You must be one of those great contributors that has taken the place of all of us that got banned and now just come here to leach from the "please educate this for me" thread. Sure, I educate it, but sure as hell not posting anything else helpful here lest I be labeled a SPAMMER and banned yet again.

And as for following the rules... I created a thread in the appropriate place POSTING the site rules as listed during signup because show me where else they are to be found. Of course this as well was deleted. I think even Bob managed to post in that now deleted thread as well.

From the site rules...

"The contents of messages will not be changed or altered by the Indo Investasi in any way. However, Indo Investasi reserves the right to delete any messages it believes are unsuitable in content. If you find any posts objectionable or offensive, please contact the forum administrator."

I've no doubt this whole thread will soon be deleted.
    Last edited by eatshitandmultiply; 07-24-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: corrected mispelled Freddie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 431 Posts
    As Freddie says, "Since what I write belongs to me, I reserve the right to delete it."
    For me this is normal and should be understood by anyone.

But Admins should only remove posts or threads when their authors are insulting others or spamming for their "own" commercial stuffs.

If I remember well, Jayman did not spam for his own work but gave a link for an EA he was considering ok (and it was a free version by the way!)
    Rules may be rules but sometimes Admins should adapt these rules on a case to case instead of blindly following those rules. Only MO!

Humor is tolerated, but I must admit that it's not as it was before.

As for Sharpeye PLON's mania....
    in every post of Kardel Sharpeye there is a spoiler which explains in his own words what he means by Plon: here it is:

"
    II Vocabulary that you should know:
    PLON=it mean someting that really bad ... REEEELY BAD like a BLOOD sucker stuff ...
    CEMPLON= the PRODUCER OF SOMETHING THAT CLAIM GOOD but IT IS NOT ... and WASTED all YOUR MONEY!
    ---- make sure Oxford or Cambridge knows it ...--- K =D>
    "

Otherwise in France, Plon is a French book publishing company!

Have a nice WE.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 431 Posts
    Hey Jayman,

I am freddy not Freddie! lol

But what I understand from Freddie's post, is he supported you, not your ban, or I don't get it???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    Hey Jayman,

I am freddy not Freddie! lol

But what I understand from Freddie's post, is he supported you, not your ban, or I don't get it???
    Sorry about the mis spell Freddy. I have corrected that. As for his intention is the post, my understanding was that he supported my being banned. As to why, he did not make that clear.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast