Smart Trader V.07

Hi everybody,

im using the demo of that EA for several Month now and must say it is pretty good. It is a non-martigale Grid EA which prettxy percisely waits for a strong trend and than tries to plays the contertrend orders onlyin the upper part of the trendmovement.

So when the reversal comes in very most casesit closes that positions.

At each position it places an TP and a SL and works with magic nombers ads well.

My settings are :

Max Orders: 5

SL:0

TP 10

konservativ

Lot: 0.01 (at a mini Account with 100$

Instrument: USDCAD, CADJPY

Could anyone maybe crack the demo, so it is open for live trading?

Here you can find the demo version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?054lmyxll48n82e

The Blog of the company gives more detailed information.

http://windsorparkfx.com/blog/

Edited by prophetvs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the company blog site there's some info....

http://windsorparkfx.com/blog/category/smart-trader-settings/

...but for some strange reason no information about the timeframe to use. I've tried different timeframes, but the result is very much the same. If uncertain, always use a low timeframe.

It seems that the SL must be set to a VERY high value The blog site recommend to use StopLoss set to 2 x times the Daily ADR, which must be set manually. However, this is something that easily could have been programmed into the EA - a fix SL or a dynamic SL calculated as 2 x times the daily ADR. Strange that they didn't implement this!

According to the mq4-code, the takeprofit value is calculated dynamically within the EA and has no fix value. I've now changed this so we have an external TakeProfit. The default value is 0, which means that it will use its internal dynamic calculation. If it's set to anything else (in pips) it will use static TP. Enjoy :)

http://www.2shared.com/file/R8oNKB24/Smart_Trader-edu.html

According to the mq4-code, the takeprofit value is calculated dynamically within the EA and has no fix value. I've now changed this so we have an external TakeProfit. The default value is 0, which means that it will use its internal dynamic calculation. If it's set to anything else (in pips) it will use static TP. Enjoy :)

http://www.2shared.com/file/R8oNKB24/Smart_Trader-edu.html

Thanks Capella, I believe dynamic calculation is more beneficial as the EA constantly monitors market condition and adjust it accordingly, does this EA has stealth function built-in? Also, did you try TF on demo or live account?

Hello,

Maybe i can answer some of your questions. In Feb. this newsletter was sent by Windsor:

Smart Trader's secret is this:

Smart Trader will make more money for you on the CADJPY and USDCAD!

On the CADJPY and USDCAD, Smart Trader will trade

more often (more consistent wins than other pairs),

with fewer losses (only 4 out of 296 since May 2010, or 1.35% / 98.65% Win ratio),

and greater profit (you can increase the lot size because of the tiny "max drawdown")!

After compiling and reviewing Smart Trader data from the last 8 months, the CADJPY and the USDCAD are the new dominant pairs to trade with using Smart Trader!

The GBPJPY was a stellar performer for most of last year despite some stop loss hits, but now it is clear that the CADJPY has taken the crown!

GBPJPY vs. CADJPY

The CADJPY had 62% smaller max drawdowns

So, run a Smart Trader demo with both the CADJPY and the USDCAD on one account with the following settings:

Conservative settings for CADJPY and USDCAD

0.20 lots per $10,000 (normally 0.10 for other pairs)

Stop Loss: 2000 (that's counting in micropips, or 200.0 pips)

Max orders: 5

And let us know how your trading turns out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( You just have to registor on their website and you will receave their newslette too. Their way is to give the demo for free so you can try , and than finaly you buy the live -Version. Of course thats what they hope. They are running themselfs some accounts, allways trying to find better settings. I thing that is a fair strategie.

I believe a good way to start up with that EA is to use only those two pairs: CADJPY and USDCAD, with the given Settings in the newsletter. If you use the konservative Mode it will trade only once or twice a week, but with a very good winningrate. So you might want to increase the lot sice later on but take you time.

TF: The TF does not really matter. I always take H1.

TP: The TP is calculated dynamical which i like. If you prefer you can choose the Version of Capella with a fixed TP. But stay low, maybe around 10 Points.

SL: If you choose a SL depends on how you will handle the EA. Of course you have to take a SL if you cant watch the trading at lease twice a day. But if you can, you might not set a SL and kontroll the EA manually. For that i monitor the Positions in H4 and watch the graph not leaving the normal "weekly range". If a position falls out of the weekly range chanel it becomes rather unlikely that the Position will be closed in profit. So i decide to give it another changse or to close it in Loss.

Edited by prophetvs

Hello,

Maybe i can answer some of your questions. In Feb. this newsletter was sent by Windsor:

Smart Trader's secret is this:

Smart Trader will make more money for you on the CADJPY and USDCAD!

On the CADJPY and USDCAD, Smart Trader will trade

more often (more consistent wins than other pairs),

with fewer losses (only 4 out of 296 since May 2010, or 1.35% / 98.65% Win ratio),

and greater profit (you can increase the lot size because of the tiny "max drawdown")!

After compiling and reviewing Smart Trader data from the last 8 months, the CADJPY and the USDCAD are the new dominant pairs to trade with using Smart Trader!

The GBPJPY was a stellar performer for most of last year despite some stop loss hits, but now it is clear that the CADJPY has taken the crown!

GBPJPY vs. CADJPY

The CADJPY had 62% smaller max drawdowns

So, run a Smart Trader demo with both the CADJPY and the USDCAD on one account with the following settings:

Conservative settings for CADJPY and USDCAD

0.20 lots per $10,000 (normally 0.10 for other pairs)

Stop Loss: 2000 (that's counting in micropips, or 200.0 pips)

Max orders: 5

And let us know how your trading turns out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( You just have to registor on their website and you will receave their newslette too. Their way is to give the demo for free so you can try , and than finaly you buy the live -Version. Of course thats what they hope. They are running themselfs some accounts, allways trying to find better settings. I thing that is a fair strategie.

I believe a good way to start up with that EA is to use only those two pairs: CADJPY and USDCAD, with the given Settings in the newsletter. If you use the konservative Mode it will trade only once or twice a week, but with a very good winningrate. So you might want to increase the lot sice later on but take you time.

TF: The TF does not really matter. I always take H1.

TP: The TP is calculated dynamical which i like. If you prefer you can choose the Version of Capella with a fixed TP. But stay low, maybe around 10 Points.

SL: If you choose a SL depends on how you will handle the EA. Of course you have to take a SL if you cant watch the trading at lease twice a day. But if you can, you might not set a SL and kontroll the EA manually. For that i monitor the Positions in H4 and watch the graph not leaving the normal "weekly range". If a position falls out of the weekly range chanel it becomes rather unlikely that the Position will be closed in profit. So i decide to give it another changse or to close it in Loss.

Thanks prophetvs, I understand now...what is the "iinstantorder" and "inotify" values? do you leave them at default values or need to change them? I understand conservative mode will have you less trade in a week but I believe aggressive mode will give you better risk/reward ratio without increasing your lot size...I think this is a good EA just needs good MM to keep your account alive...do you have manual of this EA?

...what is the "iinstantorder" and "inotify" values?...

Looking at the mq4-code...

"iInstantOrders" is similar to the "ECN"-setting in other EA's. That is, many brokers (often ECN-brokers) does not allow TP and SL to be sent at the same time as the order is sent, so a OrderModify request must be sent right after with the SL and TP. Default value for "iInstantOrders" is "FALSE", meaning that it will work on any broker. If this is set to "TRUE" then the broker must allow SL and TP to be sent with the OrderSend command.

"iNotify" is a setting to activate Alert-message windows upon errors. Default value is "FALSE".

Edited by Capella

Looking at the mq4-code...

"iInstantOrders" is similar to the "ECN"-setting in other EA's. That is, many brokers (often ECN-brokers) does not allow TP and SL to be sent at the same time as the order is sent, so a OrderModify request must be sent right after with the SL and TP. Default value for "iInstantOrders" is "FALSE", meaning that it will work on any broker. If this is set to "TRUE" then the broker must allow SL and TP to be sent with the OrderSend command.

"iNotify" is a setting to activate Alert-message windows upon errors. Default value is "FALSE".

Thanks Capella for info and looking at this.....:)

Hello falconwest,

i have no idea what those settings might be about. I just leave them at default.

And as far as i know there is no manual. But everythink that is important can be found atthe windsor blog: http://windsorparkfx.com/blog/category/smart-trader-settings/

http://windsorparkfx.com/programs/SmartTradersetup.pdf

Does anyone know if this EA works on cents accounts? I tried to use it but it gives the following error on live cents account, maybe it just works on dollar accounts, I used different lot sizes but seems to me it is not working on live cents accounts:

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Error placing market trade: BUY 0.01000000 Lots at 130.18500000 SL/TP = 0.00000000/0.00000000

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: 2011.06.10 15:49:21 - ERROR: Failed to place order due to critical error.

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Wrong calculation of trade volume!

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Last error: 131