Creation more like it :)

actudoran

hi gang !

I am currently developing no less than 5 different strategies for a multitude of styles and 2 of which do not include any indicator so, pure "a mano" trading. I've got one that applies to H4 Tf and can be easily automated... however I am clueless on how to make up an EA ... even if I download something I still couldn't modify it to meet my criteria due to sheer programing incompetence---> so ... HELP :)

here it is H4 EMA 5, EMA 13, EMA 26 ( apply to close ) and a SMA 70 whenever they all cross within 1 to 3 candles enter. Exit at opposing cross of 5 and 13, alternate 13 and 26. I like to call this one "KNOTS" when they knot ... no more guessing !

Thanks in advance!

Alex

I've got 2 other easy ones for brokers or introducer who manage other people's accounts and the accounts rise a bit but you make a huge turnover hence loads of spread commission - could automate those ones too I guess.

hi gang !

I am currently developing no less than 5 different strategies for a multitude of styles and 2 of which do not include any indicator so, pure "a mano" trading. I've got one that applies to H4 Tf and can be easily automated... however I am clueless on how to make up an EA ... even if I download something I still couldn't modify it to meet my criteria due to sheer programing incompetence---> so ... HELP :)

here it is H4 EMA 5, EMA 13, EMA 26 ( apply to close ) and a SMA 70 whenever they all cross within 1 to 3 candles enter. Exit at opposing cross of 5 and 13, alternate 13 and 26. I like to call this one "KNOTS" when they knot ... no more guessing !

Thanks in advance!

Alex

I've got 2 other easy ones for brokers or introducer who manage other people's accounts and the accounts rise a bit but you make a huge turnover hence loads of spread commission - could automate those ones too I guess.

Could you show any example in picture?

bugs with the net ... no pic ...

HAd some bugs with the ISP and now only have 3G net ... good enough for MT4 but not so good for uploads and downloads.

Big ideea is to get an allert when all 4 MAs cross indicating the same direction in as much as possible as a knot - a cross if not in a single candle/bar then in a max of 3 candles... ( works a charm in H4, H1 possible candidate )

Sorry for not getting back sooner ... no net over wkend and broken cables ... hailstorms and heavy rains here alternating with scorching sun.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

It always seems as though manual systems should be easy to code into an EA, though this is never the case.

To code this we'll need to be 100% clear on what your definition of a "knot" is. Perhaps this is easy to see, though no doubt not so easy to code into hard logic.

In my experience all MA cross based systems eventually fail when converted to EAs as soon as the EA hits a particularly choppy and ranging period where MAs are whipping back and forth and chopping trades to bits. How do you avoid these choppy periods when manually trading? Do you just notice that price is looking "a bit spikey" (which is very tricky to convert into hard logic) or have you a more quantitative measure of knowing when to avoid signals ?

the presence of a SMA 70 should do the long term trend bit of work ...so it'll be easy to notice whether it's a descending trend or ascending ( H4 or H1 only ).

This is not an EA i.e. with entry rules, scaling profits, accelerating or downsizing positions, fixed SL and such ... I was looking for an EA cross alert whenever all lines cross in an approximatively 1 to 3 candles worth of time ... it would be a great tool to monitor about 30 pairs on H4 with an email or sms alert. The point is I already know what those pairs are doing since I'm following them 10 hours a day ... the signal would only alert me that something interesting might happen. even if I receive a signal for buy say, I won't go long if the major trend is descending, but would be looking for the next signal for sell !

if one was to develop a system as per se it would have to be like this: SMA 70 sloping downwards ( now price- price 35 candles ago <0 ) looking for sell signal i.e. all EMAs cross = sell

exit when EMA 5 crosses for buy EMA 13 ...

I still think there's no replacement for the huge displacement of a man's brain that's able to use the lot he learned rather than make algorithms taking into account but a small portion of TA.

A cross signal with alert email or sms would do ! definitely ! could monitor my 30 pairs in both H4 and H1 :)

Hi Alex,

What you're looking for in "MT4-speak" is an alert indicator rather than an EA.

It should be relatively simple to set up an indicator to alert on setups for each chart it's attached to, though 30 charts is a lot to have running at the same time.

A better, but more complex indicator can be attached to just one chart and will loop through a list of pairs you want to trade which could be supplied as parameters. The indicator would then check for signals from the 4H (or 1H or both) on each pair and send alerts.

The question is, if anyone codes this - what do they have to gain, if there's still a substantial manual element to trading the system ?.

The second option given i.e. an indicator scanning multiple pairs attached to just 1 chart would be brilliant !!! I already am running here on 3 pcs and it's no fun at all since MT4 is single threaded and a hexacore or quad core can't perform since it's only as fast as its single core handling the app. needless to say I have a multitude of strategies and theories running concomitantly and trying hard to tune everything while desperately thinking of minimizing screen time, hence such an indicator would have its use. pointless to say that I know major support and resistance levels for most as well as daily variance and trends since all I look for is a clue that's exiting flats and starting trending ( breakout ) or reversing a trend. This is by no means a simple indicator wanting to make one rich ... but an alert calling for vigilance on a possible high likelyhood scenario - you don't buy on the cross ... first see the SR and trends on H4 or D1 ... then, knowing a whole lot about news and correlation and mkt hours and funny patterns such as line in the sand you could say ok, let's BUY !!!

PS I'd love to attach a photo ( img ) but havent got the slightest clue as how :) / you'd get my point very easily then ... an alert with email or sms capabilities would be a great thing to have in one's arsenal ... I would also recommend a certain knowledge of the mkts and pairs for one to be successful even with this alert ! ( but that quite often presumed and almost never concurred )

Thanks,

Alex