Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access this forum on home comp

I didn't know where else to put this topic so here it goes:
    I used to be able to view this forum on my computer but now no matter what browser I try, it won't connect
    But on my iPhone, it goes through
    Was I IP blocked?

It's happened to me before. I think it was a problem with my IP. It fixed itself after a few weeks.

Comment

Okay now I'm back on my comp but only through use of a proxy... which causes me to believe I was IP blocked... I just don't know why.

Comment

I`m unable to access the site from time to time
        on my home computer so .... I restart my modem and restart the computer
        then it works fine.

Comment

vx13,

I had a similar problem last year. My ISP was dynamically creating IP addresses for me. From what I could find out, my IP ranges weren't being blocked by II, but by an intermediate server in the US somewhere along the traceroute chain.

On rebooting my router my ISP would allocate me another dynamic IP address, however they all came from the same range: something like 167.202.*.* It appears that some IP addresses in this range had previously been used for spamming and had been blocked by one of the servers in the chain to the II server.

My ISP told me that they couldn't specify which range dynamically allocated IP addreses came from and the only thing that solved the problem totally in my case was changing my ISP. I could get a temporary fix by effectively masking my IP address and using proxy servers etc., though these were typically very slow, some had annoying advertising, and missing functionality.

Oddly enough, I never had this problem with any other websites, it seems as though there's one server in the chain to the II server which has particularly stringent IP checking. This server for me was always one in Seattle just before connecting to II - typically of the form:

*. *.*.sea01.networklayer.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone!
            That would explain a lot. Anyways I contacted... Well someone. I used the "contact us" button. They haven't gotten back to me but it's only been a few days since I sent it. Hopefully it will be resolved in a few days
            Thanks again everyone

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            Working...
            X