S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System Trade setups

fxnizar

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks RETRY,

I'll sim trade on a reversal candle pattern if formed. What would look like potential targets for you? I see 94.800-94.500 area as 1st res. 94.100 as possible 2nd target. 3rd lot can be removed @ 90.300.

Edited by ninjatrader

I purchased the STAR system a few weeks back. I have been on vacation and I took a print out of the ebook with me, and have got a pretty good grasp of the primary set up and I am starting to understand the secondary set up.

If anyone who has purchased the system wants to correspond with me that would be great.

I am looking to be able to ask some clarification questions and to share possible set ups.

I also want to understand when and how to use this "52"s thing.

If you would be willing to accept a few emails from a trader trying to learn this system, please PM me.

By the way, I am a premium member so I do have access to the chat

Keith

Thanks RETRY,

I'll sim trade on a reversal candle pattern if formed. What would look like potential targets for you? I see 94.800-94.500 area as 1st res. 94.100 as possible 2nd target. 3rd lot can be removed @ 90.300.

This system does not rely on candle patterns and normally (if the turn of purple is at least 2 pips) the PTS trade gets taken automatically. Things which may alter the decision might be range to the trend extrem due to very large scale trade setups. Of course this may be modified by the size of the position(s). I have seen many trades where the candle patterns are either contradictory to actual results or gave nothing to go on but I am sure anyone using candle patterns has seen this. In this trade's case we just need to be aware of the 1 pip turn.

Also it is very important to use the right data. I see that most feeds have an artificial spike up to 97.93 but that has not happened and the trade is still a go on our feed. Results have proven it matters because the signals are so accurate. The daily high has reached only 97.66 as of now since the trigger.

Targets are possible but I use the system to keep from early shakes. For example I'm sure there would have been many S & R bus stops along the route from the short of Aud/Nzd at 1.3759 down to the low so far of 1.2480 (over 1275 pips so far). It is important that you get the term of the trade in your mind and the way the system works so that you don't miss out on all the market can give you. It can be tough to abandon some tried and true ways we learned but the switch is well worth it.

Nothing is like STAR.

I purchased the STAR system a few weeks back. I have been on vacation and I took a print out of the ebook with me, and have got a pretty good grasp of the primary set up and I am starting to understand the secondary set up.

If anyone who has purchased the system wants to correspond with me that would be great.

I am looking to be able to ask some clarification questions and to share possible set ups.

I also want to understand when and how to use this "52"s thing.

If you would be willing to accept a few emails from a trader trying to learn this system, please PM me.

By the way, I am a premium member so I do have access to the chat

Keith

Keith if you have premium then you have everything you need. That's great. In the chat many new STAR traders have mentioned that it was the chat which cleared up any questions they had quickly. I would suggest that this is where to go to ask your questions. A few here have posted similar things and about the willingness to help by other members there. Nothing beats realtime chat and knowledgeable traders to get a setup squared away.

Thanks Retry,

Datafeed is definitely a factor. I see what you mean. But in regards to knowing when to cash out. Can you explain when would you cash out? Would you look for the inverse setup. Meaning lets use the current PTS trade (CHF/JPY). On the way south we will look for primary/flip/secondary/cut/pullback. And when we see a pullback or trend exhaustion is this when we would cash out?

Thanks Retry,

Datafeed is definitely a factor. I see what you mean. But in regards to knowing when to cash out. Can you explain when would you cash out? Would you look for the inverse setup. Meaning lets use the current PTS trade (CHF/JPY). On the way south we will look for primary/flip/secondary/cut/pullback. And when we see a pullback or trend exhaustion is this when we would cash out?

Right, that was what I was meaning by following the system on the trade. Let the trade (or portion you wish) grow out from the trigger by having the trend extreme be the mp and the retracement be the flip. Take it from there and it will be handled by the 13-68 tool and methods as usual.

A few 1000+ runs will have you wishing you had all the portions full run. @-):D

Hi people,

I was just wondering why in the secondary setups ebook, tom doesn't look for secondary setup's on the first couple of pullback's of his trade walkthrough. Is it because the green hull didn't come in by enough pips, or did I overlook another criteria.

Edit: I've been playing a game of spot the difference between the pictures of valid secondary setups (ss for short?) and invalid ones and the only thing I can notice is that the green hull is below the purple hull on the non local tf, but I thought this was only a requirement on the backup support chart.

Edited by chrisbenjy

Hi people,

I was just wondering why in the secondary setups ebook, tom doesn't look for secondary setup's on the first couple of pullback's of his trade walkthrough (the pullback's on pg's 14-18). Is it because the green hull didn't come in by enough pips, or did I overlook another criteria.

Edit: I've been playing a game of spot the difference between the pictures of valid secondary setups (ss for short?) and invalid ones and the only thing I can notice is that the green hull is below the purple hull on the non local tf, but I thought this was only a requirement on the backup support chart.

Can't help you with that pg's 14-18 thing. The real ebook isn't numbered like that. Perhaps use illustration figure numbers.

Signal did give more then 1:1 on the trade before hitting the stop loss. So as always it will come down to money management. If 1:1 is reached then you could have placed your position at BE+. I've sim for about a month and almost doubled the account. But again using discretion for example CSA plays are riskier so I would be more aggressive with money management. PTS plays are high probability so you can look for at least a 4:1 or as I recently found out primary to secondary stages. I'll keep everyone posted on month #2.

Signal did give more then 1:1 on the trade before hitting the stop loss. So as always it will come down to money management. If 1:1 is reached then you could have placed your position at BE+. I've sim for about a month and almost doubled the account. But again using discretion for example CSA plays are riskier so I would be more aggressive with money management. PTS plays are high probability so you can look for at least a 4:1 or as I recently found out primary to secondary stages. I'll keep everyone posted on month #2.

STAR is really on its own and unique. Good money management of course but you don't want to use a scalping mode around a PTS or forget the term of the trade.

4:1 sure but take another PTS mentioned before (Aud/Nzd short at 1.3759 now at 1.2488) as an example. That only had 33 pips to the trend extreme and has earned 1275+ pips so far. That is over 38:1 and it hasn't finished yet. This is why its called a Supertradesystem.

Hey RETRY,

Was the stop hit, if so what now?

Thanks.

The Chf/Jpy trade did hit the stop as it was mentioned may happen. Those ones with the turn of the signal line falling within the signal tolerance of +/- 1 pip should still be taken (with appropriate care).

The reason is because you want to get it if it turns out the other way. The previously mentioned Aud/Nzd trade is one that also had only 1 pip and gives a good reminder to take both possibilities into proper consideration.

The setup is still working for the Chf/Jpy so it is waiting for pullback on the 0.5X Daily.

Wow these are great new templates and indicators. Having too much fun.

You can set ANY combination of speed and fib ratio and the arrows on the gold and on the x-factor signal charts are accurate to the micropip.

And the indicators are using full precision, not integers, so the accuracy is much better. I had a signal difference on one already.

Gotta play.

talk later

Edited by retry99

Wow these are great new templates and indicators. Having too much fun.

You can set ANY combination of speed and fib ratio and the arrows on the gold and on the x-factor signal charts are accurate to the micropip.

And the indicators are using full precision, not integers, so the accuracy is much better. I had a signal difference on one already.

Gotta play.

talk later

Hey retry where in the star forum are these new templates? I must be overlooking them somewhere. Is it the x3 thread?