S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System Trade setups

fxnizar

Thanks retry.

Just a quick question for anyone the ebook states that to close a trade you look for reversal and open opposite trade, so would the trend extreme become the main pivot for the reversal traits? + Do you have to stick to the same TF?

thanks

Yes the trend extreme would be your main pivot. You could use different timeframes. Usually the first way you look at it is with the retracement becoming the first flip.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi S.T.A.R Experts,

In the last days I read a little bit how to trade the system and do not know if i got it or not - so maybe you can help me or comment my charts which I will post.

Thx in advance for all your efforts !

Maybe in my charts are a few potential setup(s).

Cheers

fxfxfx

Hi Fxfxfx

The following are my takes on the charts posted.

For those more knowledgalbe - if I make any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

GBPUSD - Hourly

The cut cannot occur until the move after the flip has extended past the start of the flip (approx 1.5915)

USDCHF - 4H

I don't believe the flip can extend past the pivot and still be a valid pivot.

USDCHF - Daily

The cut may be of questionable quality as there was no steppening of the 68s after the cut.

For the other charts with just pivots and flips, most look ok to me.

Joe

Hi joekurr,

Thx for your comments,

That's exactly what I also thought, but I read the whole book and could not find any clear text which will state that the move within the flip must not exceed the PIVOTs HIGH/LOW and also not that after the flip the price must exceed the flips HIGH/LOW - although you could see it in the graphic of the manual (except the USDCHF Daily - I mixed it up with the 13s).

thx for your comments.

Cheers

fxfxfx

Hi Fxfxfx

The following are my takes on the charts posted.

For those more knowledgalbe - if I make any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

GBPUSD - Hourly

The cut cannot occur until the move after the flip has extended past the start of the flip (approx 1.5915)

USDCHF - 4H

I don't believe the flip can extend past the pivot and still be a valid pivot.

USDCHF - Daily

The cut may be of questionable quality as there was no steppening of the 68s after the cut.

For the other charts with just pivots and flips, most look ok to me.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Do you mean the start of the flip or the high/low of the flip ?

Thx in advance for you comment(s).

Cheers

fxfxfx

Hi Fxfxfx

Joe

That's exactly what I also thought, but I read the whole book and could not find any clear text which will state that the move within the flip must not exceed the PIVOTs HIGH/LOW

Me too. However, I just assumed that it follows the same rules as Elliot wave in that wave 2 (i.e. the flip causing move) cannot exceed the start of wave 1 (main pivot).

Got it ;)

That's what I meant with HIGH/LOW.

Thx for the clarification

Cheers

fxfxfx

The move after the flip has to move past this point. I'm not sure if its considered the low or the start or if its the same thing.

http://i.imgur.com/IEJrp.jpg

Hi Joe,

Just a quick question:

What do you mean by "there was no steppening of the 68s after the cut" ?

Thx in advance for you valueable comments

Cheers

fxfxfx

Hi Fxfxfx

USDCHF - Daily

Joe

After the cut - we look for the "Move After Cut" or MAC for short.

In post #125 I was told to refer to the 5th pic in post #107 (I added it below).

http://i.imgur.com/lCPYQ.jpg

In it you'll see that the thick green lime gold become more steep and more parallel compared to its move before the cut.

I've added a picture below where I put a line across the gold then superimpose it over the move after the cut, and we definitely see it steeper. The lime also gets steeper, but the green does not look steeper, but may be fine (I'm guessing) because the other two got steeper.

http://i.imgur.com/U0JXu.jpg

The MAC seems to be a VERY important element to look for. A few other posters earlier in this thread mentioned its importance. A MAC that does not demonstrate a steepening may invalidate the traits for a PTS.

Hope that helps.

Joe

Edited by joekurr

MACs are extremely important and so are main pivots. I posted about the importance of having the full version here.....

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/441-S.T.A.R-(SuperTradeSystem)-Trading-System?p=164476&viewfull=1#post164476

MAC measurement has been well defined in the forum (just recently refined and improved) and this was because so many of them lately were coming in so close to the wire that a solid method was needed. Tom came up with the right stuff as usual and it works. If the MAC is obvious you don't need that info but it has been proven many times lately that it made the difference in an accurate reading.

Dear Brother's and Sister's,

well. we going to have 10000 views. i dont know any thing about this kind of things.

but its shows

" how people are THIRSTY to find a good system for trading"

i know this is right system to full fill their Thirsty,so keep posting,post pic's,ask many question

learn the system then go premium, most important help others to learn,

like our Master's

Thank you

NIzar

Edited by fxnizar

How to proceed

Hi fxnizar,

I have more than 25 setup(s) in my watch-list - different currency-pairs and different time-frames and different stages of the S.T.A.R.-System.

BUT:

As retry stated:

The version that we have is not up-to-date and the information is only available at the S.T.A.R.-Forum.

So the question is:

How do you think that we will go forward as we only have fractals of the information(s) ?

I would gladly post all my (pre)-setups - but what should be the outcome ? I do not know if my setup(s) are correct - although I did everything like it is described in the e-book ?

Maybe you have a solution for this (except to become member of the premium-forum) ?

I am sure that most of the users who are reading this thread would gladly buy this product afterwards and even become members of the premium forum once they mastered the setup...

Waiting for comments/thoughts....

Cheers

fxfxfx

Dear Brother's and Sister's,

well. we going to have 10000 views. i dont know any thing about this kind of things.

but its shows

" how people are THIRSTY to find a good system for trading"

i know this is right system to full fill their Thirsty,so keep posting,post pic's,ask many question

learn the system then go premium, most important help others to learn,

like our Master's

Thank you

NIzar

Hi fxnizar,

So the question is:

How do you think that we will go forward as we only have fractals of the information(s) ?

I would gladly post all my (pre)-setups - but what should be the outcome ? I do not know if my setup(s) are correct - although I did everything like it is described in the e-book ?

Maybe you have a solution for this (except to become member of the premium-forum) ?

I am sure that most of the users who are reading this thread would gladly buy this product afterwards and even become members of the premium forum once they mastered the setup...

Waiting for comments/thoughts....

Cheers

fxfxfx

I also came to your same conclusion.....look back to the beginning of this thread and you will see me posting here......it did not take to long after I realized that I only had enough of the puzzle to not complete it that I stopped and waited until I was able to take the leap of faith from what I learned and saw from others to buy the complete system(which was just recently). And I know your next question will be if it is worth it....and yes it is. Retry99 has not mislead anyone or any part of the information he has given you here. This is the lowest DD I have seen. If someone were to actually post a RR ratio most people would say that it is fabricated. Your answer lies in your feeling with the system. You seem comfortable with it like I was. The mechanics of this system suited me well. So if you feel comfortable with it then take the leap of faith. The price is not that large I just had medical bills from surgery that prevented me from purchasing it sooner. Trust what retry99 and David's older posts along with some others are saying about the validity of this system....they were not salesmen, thery are traders trying to help another, that's all. A person can keep mulling it over and asking question after question but once you are at the point you are at and can no longer learn from a partial system you only have but 2 choices,,,,don't you.? Which is it going to be? I feel like my choice will benefit me for a long time to come....Catch ya later.

Edited by wades-world

Anyone looking at CHFJPY and the PTS trade that had a trigger? It is Short at 96.98 on the daily. It is still in that area now but you want to know that it only had a 1 pip turn of purple so that is inside the signal tolerance of +/- 1 pip and that means it may have a continuation despite the reversal signal. Also the normal template reads as a PTS on the .236 but Tom says the actual STAR precision for the 13 would have the .382 as the nearest color matched cross within 5 bars. I guess from his other comments that we may be getting a new set of templates that goes from integer to decimal precision.

hmmm, +/- 1 pip precision signals and now even more accurate tools.

Wow when is this guy gonna break out the lasik machines? :x

the setup is from a mp of May 25 2010 on D0.5 and trigger was D1 x .382

Only 80 pip possible DD on this daily signal at the signal line and only 59 atm.