Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trade the news releases? Help a newbie

Hi Indo Investasi,

I am quite new to the forex market, been trading for almost a year now, have tried all the possible indicators and lately found Henry Liu's news trading signals. He's got these methods called trading the spike... HOW THE HECK DO YOU TRADE THE SPIKE?? I made the biggest loses like that Is it worthed trading the news? Or do you guys trade the after news release to see in which direction does the market goes? And how do you do that? Do you use indicators, if so which ones? I have a micro account of 200 usd. And really need the money. Please advice!

In My opinion i don't you should be trading the news as newbie as volatility and spikes as u said occur. Leave it to those who are seasoned to trade during those times. Spikes in forex means sudden, significant change in value of a currency pair which if u try and enter the broker mite give you requotes or give you an entry far from what u intended and so less pips and in turn less profits. If you REALLY want to, u should do your due diligence and research news trading properly (e.g. from this website and others) to really understand news trading. It is not as easy as it looks. But getting back to my earlier point, do not trade the news. Learn and understand the forex market, find out the type of trader you are, whether a day trader, position trader or a swing trader. Whether you are an aggressive or conservative trader. From that find a method suited for you( which many are on this website from many kind traders who take the time out and share) and trade trade trade.......with good risk and money management. Its all about gathering pippy's consistently unless you are someone like George Soros (google him if you dont know him).......lol.........anyway thats all my babbling for now.

I hope this advice will help you. take care and good trading.

Comment

Trading the news

Originally posted by dimmefx View Post
      Hi Indo Investasi,

I am quite new to the forex market, been trading for almost a year now, have tried all the possible indicators and lately found Henry Liu's news trading signals. He's got these methods called trading the spike... HOW THE HECK DO YOU TRADE THE SPIKE?? I made the biggest loses like that Is it worthed trading the news? Or do you guys trade the after news release to see in which direction does the market goes? And how do you do that? Do you use indicators, if so which ones? I have a micro account of 200 usd. And really need the money. Please advice!
      If you want to trade the news you should start out slowly.

First you need to know what day & what time the regular news events are released. This is the biggest hurdle. Trying to remember when they come out while you are trading can be a real pain.

I use a free tool that puts the news releases right on my desktop in order of release time.

It even translates the news releases times into my timezone and alerts me with an alarm just before the news is released. You can get it at http://www.forexnewsclock.com

Comment

This doc. explains briefly the 3 main types of news trading which Henry Liu uses (including the spike which is what the OP was asking about):

Code:
        http://www.multiupload.com/6JYP2XBGQE

Comment

as a newbie,don't trade the news!

Comment

Originally posted by tybur0n View Post
            as a newbie,don't trade the news!
            its it style for trader sir. . if u scalper, dont trade if any news, but if you feundemental trader, always news for OP position

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            Working...
            X