X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may hate me for telling you this

Hello, my fellow forum members,

here is my little story.

I, like probably many others here, have found this forum because i was looking for a specific EA which i wanted to test.
    When i came here i was truly amazed about all the stuff which can be found here. Indicators, E-books, Expert Advisors.... well you name it.

For someone who is new to this game, this must be like the keys to the Garden of Eden. Like a fantasy candystore, you just go and grab what looks good, and all for free. Just ask.
    Everything is promising to make you rich and fulfill your dreams.

You have read all the marketing fluff on the sellers web site .... "it's so easy... you go to sleep and our system (which of course was a secret until now) will make you all the money.... what is it you desire my master - a new car, a new house or maybe even all the love in the world? - for only $XXX you will have your dreams all come true"

hundreds of users can confirm this ... even with video .... Joe Average, who looks like the ugly dumb guy who might be shagging your sister even confirms it: "I do not even have a computer .... i cant tell left from right .... but its great .. and here i am with all this money in my dumb hands"

Now since you came here to this fantasic wonderland you dont even have to pay $$XXX to the developer... just come here, download and enjoy and its all yours for free.

It cannot get better then this.

This is a dream come true.

Ok, this is a bit of a provoking story. I hope to wake you up from your dream. There are so many people coming here who want to give a little and get a lot in return. In fact, they want to give nothing but hope to receive everything.

I have noticed there are a couple of people here who are serious, and which have realized that nothing in life comes easy, and i truly appreciate that. I hope i did not hurt your feelings.
    Everybody else i wish good luck.

Getting tired, enough for now.

PS If you think i am writing this to protect software developers / ebook sellers etc etc you are wrong. More about that later.

Re: You may hate me for telling you this

Nice read Pygmallion. Good start to your story. Not quite sure where you are heading with this, but I can hazzard a guess.
    Excuse me for not engaging too much in your story.
    I was also surprised and amazed by all the 'stuff' floating around on here. But amongst all the **** EA's and the junk that exists in cyberspace, are there really any EA's that actually work? And when I say work, I mean make a decent profit in the long run? Maybe THAT'S what we should be asking or working towards, instead of grabbing and trying to fill our pockets (hard drives) with junk that doesn't work.

Comment

Forex is just a busines man....
      You must learn and learn all the times.
      You can not be rich for a while....
      So many things you must know....thechnichal...fundamental....MM...phycholo gie...patient...ect..ect...

Do not never give up man.....
      Keep learning......

Comment

wah ini perasaan nya JOE pasti tersinggung ....
        epaluasi sistem itu memang lebih baik ... daripada mikirin EA yang gak jelas juntrungana....
        terkadang memang .... BEJO itu ada. tiap ada SUKUR . kalogak ada itu ... aja ilang ya ... APES hasilnya.

Oya ... saya suka yang bagian "$XXX" wah ini... "$" enak, "XXX" nya apalagi.
        BTW ON THEWAY BUS WAY .... hub annya david, goliath sama che guavaara apa ya .... ???

Comment

Originally posted by Kardel Sharpeye
          BTW ON THEWAY BUS WAY .... hub annya david, goliath sama che guavaara apa ya .... ???
          Maksudnya kita sebagai Retail Forex Trader dengan Broker Mas kardel

Comment

I'm trying to pick up at least one thing everyday !!

Comment

wait a minute i have to applause for this thread
              [center:dctbn61f]=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>[/center:dctbn61f]

hmmm i`m very like this part,

Originally posted by pygmalion
              When i came here i was truly amazed about all the stuff which can be found here. Indicators, E-books, Expert Advisors.... well you name it.

For someone who is new to this game, this must be like the keys to the Garden of Eden. Like a fantasy candystore, you just go and grab what looks good, and all for free. Just ask.
              but like you said For someone who is new to this game yes is true, but after you try all EA, robots, that with a billion dollar price is never enough, maybe there is no one number one EA right now

and after you has loosing a lot of your money at this game, you will be back to the basic technical analysis and fundamental analysis, but well i hope i`m wrong >- , and i hope you all found a great trading system for your self, simple but deadly i think that is better than you must buy a hundreds dollar EA

pardon if you all can not understand my English

Comment

I do agree with bro dvd..

First time joined this forum I felt so amazed and wanna grab everything I could. Guess what? Newbie is still newbie.
                Downloading many systems without evaluating our trading edge is still a looser to go. I myself have blown 70% of my mini FXCM account last year in only 4 months. Yet I have downloaded huge amount of materials from this forum. Downloading and Collecting or even reading many books/articles are something that still far away from being succeed.

Knowing your trading edge and learning from your failures is more promising. Listen to everybody's opinion (whether right or wrong) is a good habit. By listen and practise what you got, I believe someone will make improvements.

Regards!

Comment

After reading it again.

I come to realize something.

Some people will agree with me that it's useless to search for the next holy grail, coz it doesn't even exist. Most people will agree with the statement, but only some will completely agree in terms that "no action taken". I do not believe in the new holy grail, thus I doesn't even downloaded a single EA since ... perhaps Oct 2008?

I think this "heaven" of candy store is helping us in achieving the understanding much much much faster.

If you are woking alone, you will get hundreds of spam emails about the next holy grail, you save money, buy the EA, tested it, got disappointed, and save money again to buy the next holy grail. By working alone, we are wasting our time and money.

But, here, you could download 1 hundred EA in one day, test 10 of them in 2 days, and get sick of it by the end of the month. And come to conclusion that there is no holy grail and start searching inward instead of ourward.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by William
                    But, here, you could download 1 hundred EA in one day, test 10 of them in 2 days, and get sick of it by the end of the month. And come to conclusion that there is no holy grail and start searching inward instead of ourward.

Regards,
                    I believe that is the true holy grail. Realizing that it's not as easy as it seems. Get a plan of action, work out an MM that's working, and get your psyched in the right direction.

Comment

IMO: the real Holy Grail is not out there, but inside of ourself.

I mean lets we take one of the Trading System (e.q. Manual System like one of this Forum), stick with them at least a one or two periode, use a proper money mangement so we can make it in Forex Market.

thats My Oppinion.

Thx.

Comment

This is funny.... i wanted to continue this thread over several posts but then forgot about it .... but i guess you guys got the point quickly and figured it all out. Verrrrrry niiiiiice ..... as Borat would say!
                        =D>

A big part of this industry is about taking away the money from the beginners.
                        Trading, many years ago, was for those with big pockets. Some people have realized that they can make the same money if they get 100 guys with $500 accounts on board instead of one guy with $50.000. Maybe a bit more work but much easier in the long run ....
                        so now instead of asking $10000 for trading education from one guy and really sitting down and spending days explaining him some ****py system (at the risk he might be showing up with his lawyer the next day) why not sell everybody .... let´s say a book for $30 ... a robot for $50 .... an indicator for $100 .... and the list goes on.
                        And it´s easier to gather 100 guys with $500 instead of one big guy with 50.000 .... who will start asking all sorts of questions and might even be a smart dude and business guy ....

This industry works the same as all the other ones .... something the rich use today is being sold in modified form to the masses some years later. Think about travel by plane. Think about mobile phones. Think about desktop computers.
                        Did your parents have it? Most likely not.
                        Do you and your neighbors dog have it? I bet you do.

Forex is the new "trading for the little guy".
                        We have dozens of Forex brokers with very little minimum account size for the same reason they have 10 cents poker in Las Vegas. The Brokers knows very well that statistically over 90% of the people opening such an account will blow out after some time. I bet they dont even hedge most of the trades of these people. Same with those poker machines... they know most of the money will never be paid out because its only beginners playing them.

Now think about the following products for a second ...
                        ..... Harly Davidson
                        ..... Marlboro
                        ..... Coca Cola
                        What do you think is it they are really selling?
                        Think for a second before you answer.

Comment

I'm still learning the forex trade so this forum is a great place to see what experiences others are having...

Comment

I'm hoping to make a living from FX trading. Big dreams, maybe? Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by pygmalion
                              Hello, my fellow forum members,

here is my little story.

I, like probably many others here, have found this forum because i was looking for a specific EA which i wanted to test.

Everything is promising to make you rich and fulfill your dreams.

You have read all the marketing fluff on the sellers web site .... "it's so easy... you go to sleep and our system (which of course was a secret until now) will make you all the money.... what is it you desire my master - a new car, a new house or maybe even all the love in the world? - for only $XXX you will have your dreams all come true"

hundreds of users can confirm this ... even with video .... Joe Average, who looks like the ugly dumb guy who might be shagging your sister even confirms it: "I do not even have a computer .... i cant tell left from right .... but its great .. and here i am with all this money in my dumb hands"

Now since you came here to this fantasic wonderland you dont even have to pay $$XXX to the developer... just come here, download and enjoy and its all yours for free.

It cannot get better then this.

This is a dream come true.

Ok, this is a bit of a provoking story. I hope to wake you up from your dream. There are so many people coming here who want to give a little and get a lot in return. In fact, they want to give nothing but hope to receive everything.

I have noticed there are a couple of people here who are serious, and which have realized that nothing in life comes easy, and i truly appreciate that. I hope i did not hurt your feelings.
                              Everybody else i wish good luck.

Getting tired, enough for now.

PS If you think i am writing this to protect software developers / ebook sellers etc etc you are wrong. More about that later.
                              Very well written, and fun, but so true! But would be hope, or just forex is not for "almost" anyone?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X