does somebody have any RATE OF CHANGE (ROC) DIVERGENCE INDICATOR ?

forex.pathfinder,

I changed the Momentum_Div indicator to read ROC from the ROC1 indicator (there's no standard ROC indicator in MT4), both ROC_Div and ROC1 are here:

http://www.multiupload.com/FOPS4G0CZG

You'll probably find signals are better if you set the parameters as period 20 and set percentage calcs. on.

I don't rate ROC as a divergence indicator - MACD and RSI are the best. Though it seems as if you're doing a thorough check of all types of divergence, so it will be interesting to hear what the results come out like.

Attached you will find my stuff about divergences. I did not check these indicators, so you will find some "Never-Closed-Projects" and some shitty coded/modified stuff.

But some good things should be inside, too.

Note: Some of these indiciators may try to use other indicators that are not in the archive (e.g. DTOsc).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W51O1U7W

Edited by starger
wrong link

Lost Marble,

I agree and I find that MACD works ok for me, but (and this is a big but...) everyone needs to bear in mind that although divergence trading can give you an edge - that's all it does (as with any other indicator).

If price is strongly trending up for example, then the divergence indicators will be screaming short at each new high.

The key in using divergence is to either scalp every divergence signal on say the 15m chart for 10 pips or less or be aware of the trend on the higher timeframe. If there's no discernable trend then divergence can give you some cracking trades allowing you to take full advantage of the next swing direction.

If you're trading 15m and the past few 1h candles have been marking higher highs and higher lows, then enter short divergence signals at your peril. The trend will end at some point, though you've no idea when...so unless you're aiming for a handful of pips it's best to sit on your hands in such strong moves - easy to say, but very hard to do and it all comes with practice and chart time (which is not what most want to hear).

Chart time is crucial - if you want to be any good at this game, then you need to study price in the same way that you would study medical textbooks if you wanted to become a brain surgeon. I've learned that lesson after years of messing around with robots (which all eventually lose all your cash or do no better than breakeven over a long period of time) and with various "sure fire" manual trading systems. At the end of the day it's the trader that makes the profits, the system can help, though only when the person using it has paid the price (by spending a lot of time in the market with good and bad results and getting a good feel for price movements).

• 1 year later...
can someone help me please, I need rate of change indicator in tradestation that is overlayed with its simple moving average, thank can not find the formula

just search "Rate of Change mq4" you will find them.

sorry, I do not know the file name if I know I will upload. I should have it.

Edited by mtuppers

• 2 weeks later...