Pyramid MA v4.0

• 2 weeks later...

Minimum deposit... $200 and use this setting with 2 pip fixed spread brokers. If you need to optimize pyramid, do so in strategy tester, if it fails on tester it will fail in real. So play with settings and try again. This is one of the very best setting I've managed to squeeze out of it. I trade real account only and test on strategy tester. Demo testing is waste of time. So here is my .set file.

Note: For use with m1 timeframe only

• 4 months later...

Google translate works on their webpage.

Pyramid is one of the best EAs in my opinion (after learning how to trade manually and testing lots of EAs). The only way an EA is going to work reasonably well is by hedging/martingale anyway. The code required to trade like a manual trader would have to include things like pattern recognition which is just about impossible to code in MT4.

Give me time to make a frankenstein EA out of educated 3.2 and 5.2

There seems to be a block of code that does grid trading when the EA hangs in drawdown, and I suppose that this prevents the EA from ever blowing up. I suppose that it would work as long as the market doesn't decide to blow the Average daily range apart one day for no reason.... which seems to be the only potential killer of this EA.

Also you can turn the feature off with an input, so it trades like it always has in 3.2/4

• 3 weeks later...

Made a frankenstein EA from v5.2 and v3.2 (many thanks to donator who sent me 5.2).

Simply speaking, I added the v5.2 code to the 3.2 code and came up with this!

This is Pyramid EA v5.2XE (xtra educated!)

Essentially there is a grid option and trade averaging code in this EA.

Also there are different presets for v5.2 (for trading on M30 charts)

You can turn off the v5.2 features by setting "koef_grid" to 0, and it will trade like v3.2/v4

Of course, there is no dll protection or account number requirement so you can put it on whatever you like.

Seems to blow up in backtesting (no surprises there), but MT4 backtesting is quite **** anyway and unreliable. Seems like the coders have better multi-year live results.

Of course, this EA simply takes advantage of hedging and has martingale elements. That is, it doesn't trade like a manual trader and stays in the market 24/5, ready to handle whatever the market can throw at it (hopefully).

Personally, I think this is one of the best grid-hedging-martingale EAs out there... but use with caution!

Ensure your broker can handle microlots and hedging, and that you have at least $1500 in it.

If your broker can't, don't run this EA on it!

http://www.4shared.com/file/-SODDALC/pyea52xe.html

Also here is the older version with different presets

http://www.4shared.com/file/5E1MYudg/pyea32.html

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...