Trade Copier with reverse (tested)

just to clarify that I should put the ex4 files in the \experts\files folder as stated in the ea?

Much thanks!

ex4 to expert folder.

dll to libraries folder :)

all must point to the same folder/directory

Edited by megashop

Anyone tested it? I've followed all the instruction but it won't copy the trade. Maybe anyone with the same problem?

Yes me too having that problem. I noted that .dat file is missing in trade processor mt4 (expert/files). Any idea to resolve the problem?

Edited by thamira83

this is not the edu one because its unregistered/demo version one.but dont know what the different between demo and registered. reg key on dll file

my ss

http://postimage.org/image/30m3tqzes/

hmm, dont know yaa.. maybe you test the wrong file ;)

its works perfectly on live account too

http://s1.postimage.org/45to70cwg/full.gif

gl

Can this work with multiple accounts? also can the processor choose its own lot size?

Also how will it know what account to provide the copied trades to if there is nowhere to provide processors account details.

Sorry to ask these questions but i am a bit new to how all these copier systems work.

Dom

Edited by e24

hmm, dont know yaa.. maybe you test the wrong file ;)

its works perfectly on live account too

http://s1.postimage.org/45to70cwg/full.gif

gl

megashop,

could you be so kind and load your set files ??

i got it to copy just fine but...............

i loaded it with default settings, so its copying, but a bit too much for my taste :)

one trade executed in the master and it opens like 10 or so trades on the processing side.

thx for any help

anybody having trouble to get it to do anything, make sure you have inputted the correct source file on the very top.

sample,

C:\Program Files\Go Trader MT4\experts\files

this needs to be put in for master and slave.

Edited by reinerh

On the post subject about a reverse trade copier and it got me thinking and someone can probably tell me its a stupid idea but has anyone tried running the worst performing EA and getting a trade copier to place the reverse would it turn it into the best performing EA i know spread is a big part so small pip scalpers would be out of the picture. Anyone tried this ?

it is an interesting question

I have asked this before and did my research and based on other people experience , an EA that trades the opposite of a losing EA will perform even worst than the losing EA.

The problem is with getting the MT4 to backtest without stopping because of a margin call and see how consistantly it'll keep losing over a long period of time.

even if you choose to backtest with 1M and use micro lots, there is still many factors that will block the opposit EA to perform as good as we want.

I am not sure about this, there are many losing EAs on the forum (over 99% of them blow up) so perhaps there is some luck with reversing one of them

I am dubious of exaggerated statistics both pros and cons. The primary reason for people blowing up their accounts is due to risking too much and zero diversification. And greed perhaps??? That is the primary reason most newbies still fail to admit or own upto. Only profitable and successful traders' experience matter... no offense.

Raven,

Although on the face of it this seems logically correct, it can't possibly work.

All EAs are created with the intention of making profits, so even if a particular EA has rubbish performance over a particular testing period, it will have had some good results over a different period. Which means that reversing trades may work for a while and then the EA will fall over in a big heap (just at the time when the non-reversed signals look fantastic ;) )

The entries are typically fine-tuned to give an EA the best chance of success. Simply reversing the signals will no longer mean that entries are fine tuned in the same way and hence the EA will be more likely to lose more often with reversed trades.

A typical EA is nothing more than a very basic automation of a simple manual strategy.

Here's a strategy for you...

Take the average daily range of a currency pair - e.g. say EURUSD = 130 pips.

If price moves up 130 pips as the main trading session progresses, then enter short and target 50% of the move up, stop at 20 pips above the high of the day.

If price moves down 130 pips as the main trading session progresses, then enter long and target 50% of the move down, stop at 20 pips below the low of the day.

Let's say that you backtest this manual trading system in a period when EURUSD is strongly trending up, you'll find that all signals are short and most if not all of them fail.

So...you reverse the signals and instead trade long at the ADR high and short at the ADR low. This may work for a while, however all trends come to an end. EURUSD enters a ranging period and you find all your reversed signals failing too (however the original rules would have worked great).

Entry criteria, stops and targets all have an impact on trade success rate. If your original system used stops at swing high/low points, these may have been typically quite near because of your entry criteria, keeping your risk low. However, simply switch signals and use the same rules and you could find that your stops are miles away leading to much larger risk and hence more losses.