Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Moving Average!

Guys,

Someone plz tell me which is the best moving average for M1 timeframe to determine the current immediate trend of a pair? Or any good Indicator that will help me know the immediate short term trend of gbpusd in 1 min timeframe?

Thanks in advance,

Indoshare

Originally posted by indoshare View Post
    Guys, Someone plz tell me which is the best moving average for M1 timeframe to determine the current immediate trend of a pair? Or any good Indicator that will help me know the immediate short term trend of gbpusd in 1 min timeframe? Thanks in advance, Indoshare
    21 message must be 10 characters...21

Comment

Freddie,

I didn't understand.. would you plz explain in detail.

thanks
      Originally posted by Freddie View Post
      21 message must be 10 characters...21

Comment

what are you trying to say freddie? ;D

Comment

as i have been using success fully since long time, these are the cross over moving average and please keep in mind the slopes and rise .15 - 5 - 60s

regards
          rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rockymunda View Post
            as i have been using success fully since long time, these are the cross over moving average and please keep in mind the slopes and rise .15 - 5 - 60s

regards
            rocky
            What are you saying? Can't understand.. please explain
            thanks.

Comment

I wanted to say 21...21 period moving average.

So, I wrote 21

A message came up saying that the message must be at least 10 words so I wrote more words.

The prime MA is, in my opinion 21.

Rocky appears to use 15, 5 and 60. Watches the slope and the crosses.

I see that you are new so try 'baby pips' - google it.

Comment

anything better?

Comment

indoshare,

The M1 timeframe is the worst possible to look for any sort of trend. Trends aren't immediate as you think, they form over time. On the 1m chart if a 1m candle goes up and the next goes up further are we in an upward trend? Not if the next candle shoots down and retraces the move of the previous two (which happens a lot on the 1m).

All MA's are similar...they're lagging indicators and only tell you where price has been before (on average). MA cross based systems can work sometimes and other times they fail - some MA crosses come before a nice strong move, however at other times MAs will cross back and forth all day chopping your trades to bits.

If you really want to use MAs then Google for "scalping the rainbow" as that indicator will give you the best of all worlds when it comes to using MAs - because it uses loads of them.

I wouldn't go lower than 5m for scalping as at least this timeframe will trend to a small degree - there's far too much noise on the 1m.

If you use 5m or 15m for scalping, then there are several indicators worth looking at...

The Supertrend1 indicator and Nonlagdot can be handy for highlighting the trend.

Also look at MACD and Awesome Oscillator - these are very similar, though can be used as confirmation of which direction you should be trading in.

Comment

Originally posted by soundfx View Post
                    indoshare,

The M1 timeframe is the worst possible to look for any sort of trend. Trends aren't immediate as you think, they form over time. On the 1m chart if a 1m candle goes up and the next goes up further are we in an upward trend? Not if the next candle shoots down and retraces the move of the previous two (which happens a lot on the 1m).

All MA's are similar...they're lagging indicators and only tell you where price has been before (on average). MA cross based systems can work sometimes and other times they fail - some MA crosses come before a nice strong move, however at other times MAs will cross back and forth all day chopping your trades to bits.

If you really want to use MAs then Google for "scalping the rainbow" as that indicator will give you the best of all worlds when it comes to using MAs - because it uses loads of them.

I wouldn't go lower than 5m for scalping as at least this timeframe will trend to a small degree - there's far too much noise on the 1m.

If you use 5m or 15m for scalping, then there are several indicators worth looking at...

The Supertrend1 indicator and Nonlagdot can be handy for highlighting the trend.

Also look at MACD and Awesome Oscillator - these are very similar, though can be used as confirmation of which direction you should be trading in.
                    I agree. In my humble opinion, I think is not worth it to play the 1m TF. There are 15 - 25 pips to some (great or small) extent out control on the 5m TF and 9 to 15 pips completely out of control on the 1m. That leaves one with 6 to 10 pips difference (or advantage) that one would like to catch in the 1m and for me that is not enough for all the up and down volatility.

In the 15m TF and 5m TF there are about 30 to 45 pips difference that is to many pips for me to give away. So I prefer the 5m TF. The problem is that with 5m TF there is more noise and one could get caught in it and tend to loose sight of the trend. A good 5m system has to give one the choice to go for it (the 15 pips) or let go. Specially useful during sideways conditions.

I disagree about MA as lagging indicators as a negative thing. Anyhow, they could be both leading (they moves with price) and lagging according to the settings of a particular TF.
                    Last edited by 4xmeter; 12-03-11, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by indoshare View Post
                      Guys,

Someone plz tell me which is the best moving average for M1 timeframe to determine the current immediate trend of a pair? Or any good Indicator that will help me know the immediate short term trend of gbpusd in 1 min timeframe?

Thanks in advance,

Indoshare
                      Hi,

to use Moving Average (MA) as your indicator for entry market, maybe you can try to learn Kang Gun (KG) analysis, you can find his thread at forexindo.com or forexfactory.

Cheers

Comment

You can't establish the trend on a 1 minute timeframe, select a higher timeframe 15 min or 1 hour decide on a moving average period you like, then multiply that number by the timeframe size you detremined the trend on.

If you had chosen 21 sma on the 15 min TF , then 15 X 21 = 315 sma for the 1 min TF. This will enable you to know the what the 21 sma is doing on the 1 min TF.

You will get a smoother ma line than using a MTF moving average.

Comment

I believe Hull moving average is best but I don't advise trading on 1m timeframe. Too much noise...

Comment

i use LWMA 200 period on M5 timeframe
                            sell when price cross down
                            buy when price cros up

why LWMA200? because this is a decision line for intraday trend.

Comment

Originally posted by megashop View Post
                              i use LWMA 200 period on M5 timeframe
                              sell when price cross down
                              buy when price cros up

why LWMA200? because this is a decision line for intraday trend.
                              Thanks Megashop. I took a look at that and like it as a trend filter. Bravo !

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X