Best Moving Average!

Guest indoshare

Yes. Please see above posts.

The shorter the TF the harder it is to profit as the shorter TF's are much noisier and show less trending.

Shorter TF's tend to work better with support / resistance trading, but the shorter the TF the more of a factor the spread becomes.

It surely is a bitch.

The dailies work best in terms of profit, but it takes patience as there is less action. All of us want action.

It's a question of which one you want more. Myself included.

It's hard to be patient, but it pays better.

M1 isn't that a bit short?
Edited by conglo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

!! T3 is the best moving average !!

..and pretty much the only lacking indicator I use!

Description Developed by Tim Tillson the T3 moving average is a smoothing technique that is intended to produce more effective and accurate signals. The T3 computes 6 successive EMA's on the closing values for a stock and uses those EMA's in the following formula ('a' is the damping coefficient or second parameter.)

-a^3 * EMA6 + (3a^2 + 3a^3) * EMA5 + (-6a^2 - 3a - 3a^3) * EMA4 + (1 + 3a + a^3 + 3a^2) * EMA3

• 2 months later...

For GBPUSD on M1 under present market conditions the SMMA 200 on Price Typical gives the most intersections. For M5 the best fit is SMMA 775. These figures change and need re-evaluation weekly and the same values are not generally valid or useful when applied to a different pair i.e. each pair is unique but there is some "group" (similarities).

(post note: I didn't realise this post was 3 pages long when I replied - I was replying to #1 - adding my observations. Sorry about this - better to explain than delete)

Edited by FxNewbie

in TF 5 M......i used to use 10,21,50 all in SMA and 50 EMA.... the 50 level of SMA act as the SR and entry point at the bouncing at that level..if the trend is strong get in at the bouncing at 21 SMA or at 50 EMA...and don't forget to draw SR horisontal....at London and New York open...

• 5 weeks later...
You must be really new? Becuase even the professionals don't touch the 1m timeframe most professinals preffer the 15 min and hourly charts for short term trading and the mid and long term professional trade the 4HR 1 day and Weekly charts as far as the best mid term EMA or SMA it would be the 50 or 60 EMA or SMA if you want the long term trend the 200 or 350 SMA or EMA is what the big dogs use these MA's are applicable to all time frames but like i stated if you are new to forex I wouldn't waste my time on the 1M or 5M charts to much niose move up to the 15 min or the 1HR charts if your on the 1m charts your going to get eatien by the spread