Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressive Growth Trading Journal ($1,000 to $100,000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the lack of updates guys, there just hasn't been anything new to report that you couldn't see from the tracker until now.

March is almost over and so far it has been an interesting month, and another month of learning. As you can see from the tracker in my original post, the results have been less than impressive to say the least. This week is looking good, but so far this strategy has been way too bumpy. What's interesting is that even though I'm still in the red, most weeks have actually yielded a positive pip count. What has been happening is that I will win two trades in a row, and then one losing trade will wipe out all the profits due to MM calculating a higher lot count. We would need a much higher win/loss ratio to make the current strategy work. That leads me to believe that the final puzzle piece to making this strategy profitable is to stop using MM and to start using a fixed lot count.

Starting in April (next week) I will be using a fixed lot count that I will calculate at the beginning of each week. Since it will be fixed and won't adjust to losses, I will lower my risk/trade from 33% to 20%. This will wipe out an account if there are five consecutive losing trades, so I will stop trading for the week if there have been three consecutive losing trades. Computing the risk/trade at the beginning of every week will take advantage of the positive pip count for the week and compounding interesting.

The goal for each week will be +17.5% growth (+35 pips) of the account. The monthly goal is a little trickier to predict, but ***uming there is +17.5% growth every week then the monthly goal will be ~+90% (due to compounding interest).

Comment

• Hey everyone, just a quick update. So far the tweaks to my strategy have been very successful. I recovered nicely from a loss this week, something that would've taken forever to do had I been using the MM setting. I think we'll finally start to see the results we've all been waiting for. One interesting thing to note is that in the last 17 days my account has grown +147%!

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be closing the account mentioned in the original post and transfer the funds over to a slightly larger account that I've been running TMT on since the beginning of March. Once this is done I'll post trackers to this new account so you all can track my progress. I'll also be running KangarooEA on EURUSD and AUDUSD on this account with extremely high risk settings. I have a lot of faith in KangarooEA and after running it for a few months I'd say it has been worth the money. Very talented and responsive coders/traders.

I recently bought Forex Gold Trader EA and I'll be running it on a demo account for the next month or so to see if it's worth putting on a live account. If it is, you'll start to see gold/silver trades on my tracker as well.

Comment

• Bill,

That was an educational observation about the Money Management aspect. Since I trade at low risk I never see that effect but after reading about your trades it becomes obvious at substantial risk levels.

Comment

• Hi Bill,

I follow your stats with interest and saw that you were doing pretty good since your last changes,.
          But today, I am puzzled about your strategy.

Could you tell me few things (if you don't mind):
          first, what made you change your mind to go from 0.4 lot(two days ago) to 1.8 lot today?

also today was UK bank hollyday (next monday also), maybe not a good time to trade. (low volume, spikes happen in either direction)

About Forex Gold Trader, it seems very good now because we are in uptrend and at an all time high, but do you know how it will handle the day(s) when gold will crash down, (I red somewhere the FGT trades only BUYs) ? (how about dd if it keeps buying)

These are not critics, just inquiries because of interest in your findings.
          All the best to you.
          TIA
          freddy

Comment

• Originally posted by freddy View Post
            Hi Bill,

I follow your stats with interest and saw that you were doing pretty good since your last changes,.
            But today, I am puzzled about your strategy.

Could you tell me few things (if you don't mind):
            first, what made you change your mind to go from 0.4 lot(two days ago) to 1.8 lot today?

also today was UK bank hollyday (next monday also), maybe not a good time to trade. (low volume, spikes happen in either direction)

About Forex Gold Trader, it seems very good now because we are in uptrend and at an all time high, but do you know how it will handle the day(s) when gold will crash down, (I red somewhere the FGT trades only BUYs) ? (how about dd if it keeps buying)

These are not critics, just inquiries because of interest in your findings.
            All the best to you.
            TIA
            freddy
            This week I decided to start using hammy's settings (he's over at the trade2win forum) which spreads risk over three different times: 6:15, 6:30, and 6:45. The good thing about these settings is that days like today where all three times hit SL are very rare, so it's typically safer to use slightly higher risk. Today was just my bad judgement in letting the EA run on a bank holiday. I've learned my lesson and will be running TMT with very low risk settings on Monday.

So far Forex Gold Trader has been amazing and has been significantly more profitable/predictable than TMT. If it weren't for that EA then I would not have any profit at all. I haven't experienced a significant crash yet, but I think I could endure it. As long as you use low enough lots and have high enough leverage to avoid a margin call, the price will go back up eventually. The newer version of FGT does take short positions as well as long ones, but I personally have never seen it trade a short position and I wouldn't feel very comfortable if it did. My settings for this EA are very risky so far and much higher than what the author recommends.

April has been absolute hell for TMT, with almost all days being no trades or hitting the BE. There were only three days so far that did anything, and two were losses. I don't know why April has been so strange, but hopefully this strategy will pick back up next month. This EA hasn't preformed quite as well as I had expected, and for that reason I am lowering my risk to something more sane temporarily. If May's results start to look better then I will resume the high risk settings I had originally. I expect FGT to make me some nice profit in the meantime.

Comment

• There is no possible way a system that only takes positions in one direction and never liquidates losses will not eventually destroy your account. TMT has solid theory behind it....FGT does not.

Comment

• Hi guys, I am thinking to take the next level of trading and I want to ask if what is the best broker that could lead me to earn up to $10,000 in a month? Or I am just dreaming that it will happen? I will wait for your response guys. Thanks.

Comment

• did this go bust???

Comment

• Originally posted by kraven View Post
                    did this go bust???
                    Do you really need to ask?

Comment

• Are you still trading did you reach your goal?

Comment

• Please let me know when you finally blow your account, it will not work out. I saw your first post - its not just $1000 that you risk + your time + stress when this will definitely fail will be kept in your subconscious for a good time to come and will prevent you from sensible trading manually. What you can't do yourself no EA can do it for you.

Comment

• Ah, some common sense finally. It has been said that there is nothing more uncommon than common sense and in the trading arena, well all know the statistics right?

Comment

• sounds interesting

Comment

• really cool

Comment

• really interesting topic

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X