Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressive Growth Trading Journal ($1,000 to $100,000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Growth Trading Journal ($1,000 to $100,000)

• Broker: TadawulFX (Live account)
    • Leverage: 500:1
    • Initial deposit: $1,000 USD
    • Risk per trade: 30% 22%
    • Strategy: Forex Morning Trade EA Turbo Morning Trade EA

First of all, I am absolutely aware that 30% is an insane amount to risk per trade and I must be an ***** to do such a thing, and that the recommended amount is actually 2% or 3%. However, the point of my strategy is to grow my account extremely aggressively and I wouldn't risk money that I wasn't willing to lose. In other words, if this blows my account then I'm alright with that. That said, I believe that a blow out is very unlikely. I am very confident in this EA and I believe it is one of the only EA's that won't blow an account and shows consistent profit. Backtests and forward tests prove this to be true. In addition, the 30% is compounded, so I can actually lose more than three trades and still be fine, although I've never seen more than three consecutive losing trades for this EA (excluding the holiday season). Once I grow my account to where I'd like to be, I will scale down to a more sane risk/trade percentage.
    • The backtests I've run have shown enormous profit, and had I been running with these settings in 2010 I would be sitting on top of a $200k+ $700k+ account right now.
    • I'll be updating this thread daily with the results, so follow it to watch my account grow (or crash and burn).
    • I can't share this EA because it's blacklisted, but it looks to be worth the money.

Trackers

Code:
    http://billcurry.mt4stats.com
    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/billcurry/fmt/76321
    Backtests
    Backtest with my modifications and 99% modeling quality:

Code:
    Backtest: http://bill.curry.name/backtests/fmt/StrategyTester4.htm
    Details on modifications: http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/11258-Aggressive-Growth-Trading-Journal-(-1-000-to-100-000)?p=131688&viewfull=1#post131688
    Backtest with vanilla EA and 99% modeling quality:

Code:
    http://bill.curry.name/backtests/fmt/StrategyTester2.htm
    Original backtest with inaccurate historical data:

Code:
    http://bill.curry.name/backtests/fmt/StrategyTester.htm
    Other portfolios
    businessman9821 has opened a live account using TMT with the same changes and settings as me.
    Code:
    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/BusinessGuy09/graceland/84171
    Last edited by Bill Curry; 08-02-11, 15:01.

You could have two accounts, each $500, one 5% risk, the other 30%.
    At least, if you blow up the "30%", you can wait to have profit of $500 with the "5%" to try again.etc.

Will follow your stats.
    Anyway, good luck.

Comment

Backtests have shown that the initial deposit actually means a lot. If I'd cut it back from $1,000 to $500, it'd essentially cut my profits at the end of the year in half. It would probably be a safer way to trade, but I'm swinging for the fences here.

Also, I added a myfxbook.com link and a link to the backtests for 2010.

Comment

Good luck m8te! Other ppl might think your crazy for doing this...but i personally love the idea! The most successful people in the world did things *outside of the box* to get where they are! And if you can stand to lose $1k in hopes of gaining 200k...then i say GO FOR IT!!! Heck i may even join you, (maybe with a different EA though, or maybe this one we'll see...)...The Greater the risk, the Greater the reward...of course we all know the downside to that, lol. In Texas they have a saying...Go Big or Go Home! Go Big M8te!!!

Comment

That is an awesome project, Bill.

Secretly I have always wanted to try something like that. But to be honest with myself I do not have the guts (or mental constitution) to do it on live account.

Wish you best of luck. Looking forward to follow your progress.

Comment

This is not Crazy Project......
            Good Luck Bill....

Anyway...today I have sold GU on My Optimus demo at 1.6018 for TP 50 Pips and SL 40 pips....
            Last edited by Roels Major; 19-01-11, 07:55.

Comment

@ Bill,
              Maybe you should wait until February to start.
              I read somewhere that December and January were the months riskier. (Holidays ... ... ... traders return from vacation ...traders not fresh enough!.. ....)
              But I agree with some comments, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

@ Roels,
              good call, you made it

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curry View Post
                • Broker: TadawulFX (Live account)
                • Leverage: 500:1
                • Initial deposit: $1,000 USD
                • Risk per trade: 30%
                • Strategy: Forex Morning Trade EA

First of all, I am absolutely aware that 30% is an insane amount to risk per trade and I must be an ***** to do such a thing, and that the recommended amount is actually 2% or 3%. However, the point of my strategy is to grow my account extremely aggressively and I wouldn't risk money that I wasn't willing to lose. In other words, if this blows my account then I'm alright with that. That said, I believe that a blow out is very unlikely. I am very confident in this EA and I believe it is one of the only EA's that won't blow an account and shows consistent profit. Backtests and forward tests prove this to be true. In addition, the 30% is compounded, so I can actually lose more than three trades and still be fine, although I've never seen more than three consecutive losing trades for this EA (excluding the holiday season). Once I grow my account to where I'd like to be, I will scale down to a more sane risk/trade percentage.
                • The backtests I've run have shown enormous profit, and had I been running with these settings in 2010 I would be sitting on top of a $200k+ account right now.
                • I'll be updating this thread daily with the results, so follow it to watch my account grow (or crash and burn).
                • I can't share this EA because it's blacklisted, but it looks to be worth the money.

Trackers

Code:
                http://billcurry.mt4stats.com
                http://www.myfxbook.com/members/billcurry/fmt/76321
                Backtests
                Code:
                http://bill.curry.name/backtests/fmt/StrategyTester.htm
                hello,

please share the good new Morning Trade EA

Thanks

Comment

Today was a bad day for FMT. The EA took a long position and hit my SL at -45 pips. I anticipate this month to be a roller coaster while traders get back into the swing of things but hopefully I'll still end up in the green by the end. It might be wise to stop the EA until February, but I think I'm going to keep it running.

Comment

Why 30% risk? Did you calculate that number? 20% or 25% risk for instance could be much more profitable. Do you know the Kelly Criterion? If you want to be ultra aggressive, that approach definitely is...

Comment

hello Bill, I see by your strategy tester your running the new version with the 'long candle' add-on.....good luck, i'll enjoy watching

Comment

Risk per trade 30% from $1000 starting account on Lev 1:500.... and coumponding......Lets do some simple calculation....

Your broker need $200 for 1 Lot......
                        Your starting Lot is 0.7....so your broker need $140 each trade....
                        Your Stop Loss 45 pips each trade so you could lose $7 x 45pips = $315 each trade.....
                        If U Suffer 3 loss in a row....the game is over.....
                        But your FMT setting has 12 wins in a row

The actual ratio win/loss is 4:1....
                        Hope the 3 concecutive loss would never happen in this short time.....
                        Last edited by Roels Major; 20-01-11, 03:51.

Comment

01.20.11 07:30 01.20.11 08:23 GBPUSD Sell 0.20 1.59280 0.00000 1.59530 1.59280 25.0 50.00 53m 5.00% from #4300974 ??

01.20.11 07:30 01.20.11 08:13 GBPUSD Sell 0.40 1.59530 0.00000 1.59530 1.59170 36.0 144.00 43m 14.40% FMT

Comment

After yesterday's loss I decided to switch over to Turbo Morning Trade since it shows less losses in backtesting and it didn't trade on yesterday's false signals. I'm running this right now with my SL=40, BE1=20, BE2=35, BE2+25, first TP at 35 pips taking 70% of the position, the second TP uses 20 trailing stop pips.

Also, to offset the losses, I've put KangarooEA on AUDUSD M5 with aggressive settings and 8% risk, as it has shown to be consistently profitable in forward and backward testing.

Today was a good day. TMT went into a short position and ended up hitting my first TP easily, exiting with 70% of the position. The downward trend continued for about 13 more pips and then completely reversed, hitting my second BE at 25 pips. This leaves my account right under where I started, so hopefully this begins the slow crawl into profitability

KangarooEA hasn't made a trade yet, but it is a slow EA that only trades a couple times a week, so I'm being patient.

The graphs of my account balance are starting to show a downward trend here, and if it continues then I will temporarily stop my trading and rethink my strategy.

The actual ratio win/loss is 4:1....
                            Hope the 3 concecutive loss would never happen in this short time.....
                            Risk per trade is compounded, so even at 30% risk/trade wouldn't blow an account easily, and certainly not in three consecutive losing trades.

For example, with a starting balance of $20,000:
                            • Loss #1: $6,000, Balance: $14,000
                            • Loss #2: $4,200, Balance: $9,800
                            • Loss #3: $2,940, Balance: $6,860
                            • Loss #4: $2,058, Balance: $4,802
                            • Loss #5: $1,440, Balance: $3,362
                            • Loss #6: $1,008, Balance: $2,354
                            • Loss #7: $706, Balance: $1,648
                            • Loss #8: $494, Balance: $1,154
                            • Loss #9: $346, Balance: $808
                            • Loss #10: $242, Balance: $566
                            • Etc.

Yes, the DD is massive, but that's the risk I'm taking.

Comment

30% risk per trade ? WOW ! That is hell alot. My respect to you for your bravery.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X