Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressive Growth Trading Journal ($1,000 to $100,000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, okay guys. So I wasn't completely happy with the backtests that I have done previously, especially with the quality, so I decided to make an effort to get some high-quality tick data from Dukascopy to backtest on. At first I was concerned that higher quality historical data would kill my profits. After several hours playing with the settings for TMT, I couldn't have been more wrong...

Here is the backtest for 2010. Take note of the 99% modeling quality. You'll also be able to see my settings there.
    Code:
    http://bill.curry.name/backtests/fmt/StrategyTester2.htm
    From 2010.02.01 to 2010.12.01 with an initial deposit of $1,000:

Turned a $1,000 account into $734,096.00 in under a year with only 10% DD and 90% wins. Add to that the rebates I'd get from cashbackforex, and that would be nearly $800K for me. I know that there is a ridiculous amount of risk/trade, but honestly I think this EA is one of the few that it makes sense with.

These same settings for 2009 don't trade as well, but it still made over $300k!

Even you backtesting naysayers have to admit that these results are pretty interesting, and even half the profits would still be an amazing year.

P.S. I think we can all relax over the mediocre results this January -- I have been seeing similar results for the past few years. Things should start to turn around in February.

P.P.S. Follow this tutorial to get the same historical data. If you use this data keep in mind that the GMT offset is based on the data, not your broker. This data runs at GMT time, so there is no offset.
    Code:
    http://eareview.net/tick-data

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curry View Post
      Today was a bad day for FMT. The EA took a long position and hit my SL at -45 pips. I anticipate this month to be a roller coaster while traders get back into the swing of things but hopefully I'll still end up in the green by the end. It might be wise to stop the EA until February, but I think I'm going to keep it running.
      Hi Bill,
      sent u a pm. Plz check your Inbox. TIA

Comment

Bill i've just noted you have changed your first post to keep it upto date. that's good. the problem is with this type of EA it trades once per day (if your lucky) and when it does trade its often for BE, so this could take a while before we see real results......if it were a movie you'd fast-forwards it to the end to see what happens

Comment

Hi Bill,

I usually don't like EAs so much, but this one seems quite interesting and I may consider buying it soon.

I have few questions, if you don't mind.

I see you use Tadawulfx.
          The minimum lot size and increment is 0.05.

If you change: LotsDecimals=2 (instead of 1)
          Do you think FMT will take it into account and if yes, can you try to backtest with this parameter, it could boost a little more your already fantastic backtest! (and lower the risk on the early stages).

Also, if you get the time, could you try a backtest with (both parameters) but with the beginning date: April 11th to see if it goes through DD, or if it crashes!

And last one, are you happpy and confident with Tadawulfx?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
          Freddy

Comment

Originally posted by kraven View Post
            Bill i've just noted you have changed your first post to keep it upto date. that's good. the problem is with this type of EA it trades once per day (if your lucky) and when it does trade its often for BE, so this could take a while before we see real results......if it were a movie you'd fast-forwards it to the end to see what happens

I tried to PM but:
            "kraven has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

thanks

Comment

no new trades Bill?

Comment

So far January has been hell for this EA. Looking back at previous years show this to be normal. Things should start to pick up again in February. I'm going to turn off this EA for now and start again next week.

Comment

soooooooooooooo......I take it your down on your initial investment?

Comment

Yup. Been having mostly loser trades this month, as you can see by my myfxbook portfolio in my initial post. January is like this for this EA, apparently.

Comment

Hi Bill,

if you get a moment, could you answer to questions in my post#19.
                      Thank you

Comment

Here is a msg posted on t2w.
                        So do not be discouraged.
                        And that confirms what we were talking at the beginning of your thread.
                        Just a little week to wait and here's the $ $ $ $.

======================================

Re: Turbo Morning Trade EA
                        After backtesting TMT many times, it is true that if you trade the EA in December and January, expect big losses.

I got a £1000 account to grow to over £20k just trading between February and November 2010 with 5% risk. I still think there is massive potential with this EA, you just need to know which days to leave the PC switched off!

It's just far to easy (I believe anyway) to get disheartened at a string of losing trades and try to blame the strategy. February to November on TMT = pretty good gains. Happy trading...

========================================

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                          Hi Bill,

I usually don't like EAs so much, but this one seems quite interesting and I may consider buying it soon.

I have few questions, if you don't mind.

I see you use Tadawulfx.
                          The minimum lot size and increment is 0.05.

If you change: LotsDecimals=2 (instead of 1)
                          Do you think FMT will take it into account and if yes, can you try to backtest with this parameter, it could boost a little more your already fantastic backtest! (and lower the risk on the early stages).

Also, if you get the time, could you try a backtest with (both parameters) but with the beginning date: April 11th to see if it goes through DD, or if it crashes!

And last one, are you happpy and confident with Tadawulfx?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
                          Freddy
                          Sorry I tried responding to this earlier but got an error, and then I forgot about it later.

I have actually tried setting the lot size to .05 and change the LotsDecimals to 2, but unfortunately this EA doesn't seem to work that way. It would be a nice feature to have to score a little extra cash. Another thing feature I wish this EA had was going beyond the MaximumLots setting. For example, if my RiskInPercent requires a position larger than MaximumLots, then open up additional positions with the remainder. If this were possible, it would exponentially increase the backtest I linked earlier. I sent Marc an e-mail about this but haven't gotten a response. To circumvent this I'll probably end up using multiple charts with this EA running.

I tried my settings starting on April 11th and it blew the account. Like I said, these settings are extremely aggressive and very risky, and not for the faint of heart.

I haven't been with TadawulFX for very long but so far I am very happy with them. The customer support is always very quick and friendly, and the spreads are small and fixed.

Comment

After backtesting TMT many times, it is true that if you trade the EA in December and January, expect big losses.

I got a £1000 account to grow to over £20k just trading between February and November 2010 with 5% risk. I still think there is massive potential with this EA, you just need to know which days to leave the PC switched off!

It's just far to easy (I believe anyway) to get disheartened at a string of losing trades and try to blame the strategy. February to November on TMT = pretty good gains. Happy trading...

Would you be able to share your TMT settings, please? I'd very much like to take a look. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah I'll be going back into the full swing of things in February next week, and I'll probably top off my account so I can start at $1000. Next year I will definitely be staying far away in December and January.

In your previous post you said that you were thinking of buying this EA, and in this post you said you've been trading with it since February 2010...?

Comment

Originally posted by ryujeans View Post
                                Would you be able to share your TMT settings, please? I'd very much like to take a look. Thanks!
                                I don't have his settings! (see below)

Originally posted by Bill Curry View Post
                                Yeah I'll be going back into the full swing of things in February next week, and I'll probably top off my account so I can start at $1000. Next year I will definitely be staying far away in December and January.

In your previous post you said that you were thinking of buying this EA, and in this post you said you've been trading with it since February 2010...?

No, the post labeled #343 is a message I found on T2W, last night, it is not from me!
                                Here is the link:

Code:
                                hxxp://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/110666-turbo-morning-trade-ea-43.html

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X