EA's won' t work in New MT4 Account

zizi101

Since i have a new MT4 Account at FXCM powerd by Boston Technologies, no EA would work on real account. I've tried about 15 different EA's. The Broker said, it may be the choice between "instant execution" and "market execution" .

But there is a fee about USD 150 for Discussion with the programmers.

I've no idea about programming and no solution for this. Anybody support me plz?

FXCM give me this information:

-----------------------------------------------

There are some adjustments that need to be made to MetaQuotes Language MSQL4 scripts (MQL4 ,

Expert Advisors) due to differences between Instant MetaTrader 4 and STP MetaTrader 4. These

include, but are not limited to:

1. Scripts that use Instant Executions to place market orders with take profit and/or stop losses

attached will not work. Instead, a market execution must be placed and then a take profit and/or

stop loss added to the position.

2. Hard coding of +/- calculation of pips for profits may need to be adjusted to reflect the fifth

decimal place of our STP.

It is advised to change the following line :

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order

#2",16384,0,Green);

With :

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,0,0,0,"My order #2",16384,0,Green);

if(ticket>0)

{

OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET);

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),STOPLOSS,TAKEPROFIT,0,Green);

}

else

{

Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError());

}

Instant MetaTrader 4 platforms typically quote forex pairs in pips, which means 4 decimal places on

most pairs and 2 on JPY-based pairs. STP MetaTrader 4 quotes pairs to the tenth of a pip, which adds a

decimal place. Trailing Stops in MetaTrader 4 are measured in “points,” not pips. Thus a 15 point

trailing stop on Instant MetaTrader 4 must be entered as a 150 point trailing stop on a STP MetaTrader 4 to get the same 15 pip trailing stop results.

---------------------------------------------------

Ea's cheating

You are right. Anyone, who uses EA with windows XP or lower OS is going to loose money. Very few trader has noticed it. The problem is not in the script of mt4 but in the rendering of the data by the broker's server. Therefore, they used it (retail brokers) for EA's manipulation in all micro accounts. In another words, cheating.

The problem persist with win7 but in a small scale. If you ask any broker about EA they all say the same thing; mt4 script. Then, if you use an EA and caught them cheating; no return of your money. How wonderful!!!

Edited by 4xmeter

This maybe true or not but irrelevant in the false rendering of the data. What I mean by rendering?

When a Candle or bar trigger the EA.s to execute an order under false information. Meaning, data is down, the rendering is up by the broker's computer server. Who can beat that! Yeah! Metatrader script. I told you so!

FXCM give me this information:

-----------------------------------------------

There are some adjustments that need to be made to MetaQuotes Language MSQL4 scripts (MQL4 ,

Expert Advisors) due to differences between Instant MetaTrader 4 and STP MetaTrader 4. These

include, but are not limited to:

1. Scripts that use Instant Executions to place market orders with take profit and/or stop losses

attached will not work. Instead, a market execution must be placed and then a take profit and/or

stop loss added to the position.

2. Hard coding of +/- calculation of pips for profits may need to be adjusted to reflect the fifth

decimal place of our STP.

It is advised to change the following line :

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order

#2",16384,0,Green);

With :

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,0,0,0,"My order #2",16384,0,Green);

if(ticket>0)

{

OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET);

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),STOPLOSS,TAKEPROFIT,0,Green);

}

else

{

Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError());

}

Instant MetaTrader 4 platforms typically quote forex pairs in pips, which means 4 decimal places on

most pairs and 2 on JPY-based pairs. STP MetaTrader 4 quotes pairs to the tenth of a pip, which adds a

decimal place. Trailing Stops in MetaTrader 4 are measured in “points,” not pips. Thus a 15 point

trailing stop on Instant MetaTrader 4 must be entered as a 150 point trailing stop on a STP MetaTrader 4 to get the same 15 pip trailing stop results.

---------------------------------------------------

I've been there and done that. I had an account with them, and over 50% of my EAs would not place a single trade with them. I have accounts with 12 other brokers, (including other ECN brokers) but the FXCM platform had the worst performance in terms of being incompatible with EA trades. Then, when you are lucky to find an EA that actually "does" work on their platform, they charge you daily "synchronization" fees that can range from 5 cents to 87 dollars! Their explanation is that sometimes your EA will execute a trade on their platform, but then, "later" they find out that the trade "never" got executed on the "exit", even though your log sheet shows that you exited the trade with a profit. Because their bridge does not always communicate with their main server on a timely manner, many trades are "phantom" trades. They appear to have been executed with a "profit" on your log sheet, but they were later "modified" into a loss, "after the fact". I got tired of this nonsense, and closed my account with them. They have other platforms besides MT4, that work OK, but their MT4 platform is a "hit or miss" proposition. Boston Technologies has similar bridges with other brokers that work just fine, but for some reason, FXCM has "modified" the Boston Technology Bridge so that it is less reliable, than other brokers.:|

Since i have a new MT4 Account at FXCM powerd by Boston Technologies, no EA would work on real account. I've tried about 15 different EA's. The Broker said, it may be the choice between "instant execution" and "market execution" .

But there is a fee about USD 150 for Discussion with the programmers.

I've no idea about programming and no solution for this. Anybody support me plz?

My recommendation is to put EA in manual mode if a signal is given the best is to refresh the chart. Sign off and sign in. In that way you would get the real rendering of the actual data. The drawback is the lost of momentum. None of the less, is better to be sure than sorry. Happy trading!

I get no signals from the EA's. In the previous FXCM-Account all EA's worked, but in the new one they do not

I've been there and done that. I had an account with them, and over 50% of my EAs would not place a single trade with them. I have accounts with 12 other brokers, (including other ECN brokers) but the FXCM platform had the worst performance in terms of being incompatible with EA trades. Then, when you are lucky to find an EA that actually "does" work on their platform, they charge you daily "synchronization" fees that can range from 5 cents to 87 dollars! Their explanation is that sometimes your EA will execute a trade on their platform, but then, "later" they find out that the trade "never" got executed on the "exit", even though your log sheet shows that you exited the trade with a profit. Because their bridge does not always communicate with their main server on a timely manner, many trades are "phantom" trades. They appear to have been executed with a "profit" on your log sheet, but they were later "modified" into a loss, "after the fact". I got tired of this nonsense, and closed my account with them. They have other platforms besides MT4, that work OK, but their MT4 platform is a "hit or miss" proposition. Boston Technologies has similar bridges with other brokers that work just fine, but for some reason, FXCM has "modified" the Boston Technology Bridge so that it is less reliable, than other brokers.:|

does not sound good... When (year) do you trade with FXCM?

What EAs did you try and fail?

I have no issues since with FXCM on the accounts I trade with EAs.

Your EAs must support ECN/STP processing. E.g. send market order with SL0 and TP0, then modify order with SL and TP. All the same for ECN Brokers... that's basically what they replied...

Cheers

expat: Mostly i'd like to work with Indorun & Megadroid

expat: Mostly i'd like to work with Indorun & Megadroid

both should have no issue with ECN/STP. Indo Run sends limit Orders without expiration, thus no issue.

I do use Indo Run on FXCM ECN and Megadroid as well.

Have a chat with their support on Megadroid, see what they come up with. That has to work.

Cheers

2009-2010. I just closed my account with them a month ago. Even FXRevolution, which works on all my other brokers, did not do a single trade with FXCM, even after 3 months of waiting. But, if FXCM works well for you, then I agree that there is no need to change brokers. :)

does not sound good... When (year) do you trade with FXCM?

2009-2010. I just closed my account with them a month ago. Even FXRevolution, which works on all my other brokers, did not do a single trade with FXCM, even after 3 months of waiting. But, if FXCM works well for you, then I agree that there is no need to change brokers. :)

I guess you did the right thing closing your account with this cheating broker...

I had to do the same thing one year ago after they noticed high profit.... They then started manupilating prices mentioning that it is the market itself where I noticed it different with many other brokers 5 digits one...

It is a bad broker anyways, stay away from it.

Best wishes,

SF