Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you?

Hi guys and gals,

For example, you managed to have or develop an EA and is profitable since started trading it live 3 months ago and that you are considering to do full time trading with it. Then someone finds out about your EA and offered to buy it , would you sell it? or would you rather start your own PAMM? or would you let that someone use your EA instead with a fee of 10% of the profit of each month?

cheers

richdad711,

It all depends on what cash you have available right now.

Everything in finance is based on time...the longer you have your cash invested, the more you make. If you're willing to wait for your EA to provide you with all the cash you need and have cash to keep you going in the meanwhile then carry on trading it yourself.

Selling your EA is a dangerous game I suspect - who is the buyer? Are they going to take your EA and just re-market it under their own name? How much are they offering against how much you believe you can make from the EA? Is the EA sensitive to market conditions like FAPTurbo was? If so, then if your EA code should become widely available, you'll lose your edge.

Offering a PAMM service is fraught with legislation, marketing and customer support problems and best avoided if possible, however if you have a really good EA and no cash reserves or income and need capital to leverage the returns for you and your family then PAMM is a possibility.

If you let someone use your EA for 10% fee then the only surefire way to prevent the EA code being made widely available is to provide a trade copier. However most of these have problems: particularly with scalping systems where the master trades always do better than the slave trades, just because of the time delay. Plus you'll need to make sure that your master password is changed regularly (at least monthly).

If you pm your EA to me then I'll be happy to accept it as "payment" for the above advice

Comment

thanks soundfx, you will definitely have my EA once my target daily profit is reached ei at least US2000/day.
      i would prefer the 10% fee but i wont be using tradecopier, instead i will setup one instance of metatrader on my server and run the EA from there.

cheers

Comment

If you have an EA that makes a regular and consistant income why would you bother to mess with making pennies from other people???

Up your lot size and sit back!!

If, of course it makes a little now and then, well do what the other scammers do. Sell it to the 'non cognigenti' and let the mugs finance your comfortable life.

Comment

richdad711,

I was only joking - though wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
            If, of course it makes a little now and then, well do what the other scammers do. Sell it to the 'non cognigenti' and let the mugs finance your comfortable life.
            i would never take this path buddy, thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by richdad711 View Post
              i would never take this path buddy, thanks anyway.
              Nor me, was mischievious, must learn to use the smilies.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              Working...
              X