Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: starting forex

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    I'm not a fan of demo contests. To win them you need to take on risks that you would not take in real life. So what is the point developing something that you wouldn't use for real. The prize is usually only a couple of thousand pounds so why bother

Standard Member Array Antje Wagner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by controlxs View Post
    Well after trading several years I realize which negative role played demo in my establishment as a trader. Demo trading teach you to be negligent to the money management, ignore real market conditions and leave you unaware of how to deal in times of volatility, requotes, slippage, etc. Instant execution is a great thing but getting used to it distort real picture of the trading.
    thank you!! huge words explaining the truth.
    demo is good for learning, but if you stay on demo for too long you will either never trade live because you are too afraid or - if you do - the effect as explained in the quote above will occur.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    The demo is a crutch - at the beginning it's necessary while you learn how to walk, but once you do begin to learn you need to get to a point where you're self-sufficient.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawson71 View Post
    The demo is a crutch - at the beginning it's necessary while you learn how to walk, but once you do begin to learn you need to get to a point where you're self-sufficient.
    I don`t agree. Sometimes experienced traders use demo to test some new strategies.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad Tammat View Post
    I don`t agree. Sometimes experienced traders use demo to test some new strategies.
    Here the keyword is "sometimes", and the second is "experienced traders". And many newcomers are so scared to go into their own sailing, that they sit on demo accounts for years.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    I disagree. Demo and live trading are two completely different animals.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pipDigger For This Useful Post:

Banned Array
    Thanks
    We know the right steps should always be gradual, practice on a demo-account to gain experience and expertise in managing their finances, as well as being able to control the psychological, and this will be evident when managing real accounts, is capable of the same or not, something different once

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malder View Post
    When you learn to drive, you start with theory, then you either train on a simulator or drive with an instructor. And only after that you can drive your own car. Demo account is something like this driving simulator.
    Learning to drive a car with an instructor is not the same as trading a demo account. Then if you draw a parallel, it's better to be a mentor or teacher than a demo account.

Banned Array
    Thanks
    Start learning forex trading must have a strong intention to study, karen adengan the existence of a strong intention then the process also will learn and practice the better

Banned Array
    Thanks
    Start learning forex trading must have a strong intention to study, because of the existence of a strong intention then the process also will learn and practice the better

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567